Fixed  Logout gives redirection error

Everything was working perfectly up until I updated to xenforo 1.0.3 now as soon as i click on logout (logged with facebook) i have an intermitent redirection error and both chrome and firefox seems to go crazy retrying logout forever, this bug even happens on this xenforo forum so i assume is a 1.0.3 issue.

Update:
OK i found the problem. This only happens if you previously logged in with facebook.
As soon as i click on Logout, xenforo Logs out of FACEBOOK first, then tries to logout from forums and gives a security error and redirect fail.
Forum still tries to redirect to logout over and over, so, i go to facebook page again, login, and then sudently the xenforo redirection fail stops and i can succesfully logout.
This is a bug in the logout scheme, forum should logout first THEN logout from facebook.

Although I really prefer that forum does not logout from facebook, only the forum, that way this problem will be fixed too.

Anyone else having this problem?

OK this definetly seems to happen as soon as I use facebook connect, because i tried on another machine and login/logout worked perfectly 9 times in a row, up until i hit the "connect with facebook" and all hell break loose.

OK i found the problem.
As soon as i click on Logout, xenforo Logs out of FACEBOOK first, then tries to logout from forums and gives a security error and redirect fail.
Forum still tries to redirect to logout over and over, so, i go to facebook page again, login, and then sudently the xenforo redirection fail stops and i can succesfully logout.
This is a bug in the logout scheme, forum should logout first THEN logout from facebook. Although I really prefer that forum does not logout from facebook, only the forum, that way this problem will be fixed too.

Yes, but almost all of my users are logged to facebook and i received complains that forum disconnect them from facebook and in doing so, breaks the logout too.

This should be fixed.

Yes, I just purchased Xenforo today and will be moving from vB, my site is mostly Facebook fan based and using FB login is crucial for me due to that.

It is Facebook policy that logging out of a site using Facebook login should also log you out of Facebook itself. This is not something we have done by choice, we are simply following the rules laid down by Facebook.

It is Facebook policy that logging out of a site using Facebook login should also log you out of Facebook itself. This is not something we have done by choice, we are simply following the rules laid down by Facebook.

I helped a developer work with facebook plugins and he feels nothing but rage at how facebook policies forces things on them, so believe me when i say i do feel for you. As for the bug, I believe it is due to facebook loging out sooner than forum expects and then forum try to redirect a logout but facebook already logged out, because if redirection fails and i manually go to facebook and login, redirection failure stops.

Looking at the code, that appears to be the case. As a workaround, I believe you can stop the Facebook logout by commenting out/removing this line from js/xenforo/xenforo.js:
Code:
FB.logout(XenForo.Facebook.logout);
That wouldn't be the final fix though.

beta-testing my website for so long seem to have pay for me, i just feel it was that problem, i'm glad that you find it so fast, nice!.
Now for facebook "standards" you should find a way for doing a forum logout and then a facebook logout to avoid redirection failure.

Even after removing that line, this error still happens. I don't believe before 1.0.3 it would log me out of Facebook entirely if I logged out of the forum.

Top Bottom