1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug "Log in or Sign up" Phrase

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

A follow-up on @Brogan's resolved bug report here. I personally think Log In and Sign Up look fine, but since it was decided to change Sign Up to Sign up for consistency, now the login bar handle looks a bit weird with what appears to be random capitalization.

I suggest changing the phrase to "Log in or sign up," which doesn't really go against title-casing on buttons since the handle is not really a button.

Phrase: log_in_or_sign_up

2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I disagree. Looks fine.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

We all have different opinions. :)

The way I'm looking at it is if you wrote a sentence that looked like, "Today I went to the Store and bought Milk because it's good for your bones," it would be wrong because you would not capitalize "store" and "milk."

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's not really a sentence, but it's mirroring the buttons now. You're free to change it obviously.

Amaury likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Since it's mirroring buttons, it should technically be Log in or Sign Up. :p No complaints or anything of the sort from me, though, as I understand where you're coming from. :)

Of course. :) I just always think it's nice to have certain things like that as the default option.