1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Locale Error?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by a legacy reborn, May 18, 2011.

1. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Strange thing I have been running a test board and all of the sudden after saving a template(reverted already...)
    Code:

Exception: DateTimeZone::__construct() [<a href='datetimezone.--construct'>datetimezone.--construct</a>]: Unknown or bad timezone () - library/XenForo/Locale.php:79
    Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Locale.php(79): DateTimeZone->__construct('') #1 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(388): XenForo_Locale::setDefaultTimeZone('') #2 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Session.php(199): XenForo_Visitor::setup(3, Array) #3 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Controller.php(286): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)) #4 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Controller.php(298): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('Index') #5 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(309): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index') #6 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #7 /home/{myacct}/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #8 {main}

Request State

array(3) {   ["url"] => string(34) "http://community.mywebsite.com/"   ["_GET"] => array(0) {   }   ["_POST"] => array(0) {   } }

2. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

You run the Tapatalk mod?

3. a legacy reborn

Nope :).

4. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Its one of your addons I think turn them off one by one

see Here

Same error

5. a legacy reborn

I turned them all off :) still same.

6. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Oh well I tryed.. best wait for the king Mike to reply than ^_^ sorry

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've actually already added validation for this issue when saving a user, but I'm not sure why it would appear out of the blue. Did you change servers?

Is it possible to look directly into the DB to see what the time zone in question actually is?

8. a legacy reborn

Didn't change servers, I changed the time zone from the Default Dublin one to Central and apparently it fixed it?

9. Mike

Unfortunately, without knowing what the actual time zone that was being loaded was, I'm unable to do any debugging on this.

10. a legacy reborn

I think it was something with my caching, I saved the registration template and the changes were mostly just that I removed alot of the code to make it easier for someone to register, but on saving the template I messed up somewhere(fixed now had to revert first) but the problem with the caching was that once I reverted it should have fixed the problem but instead the error just stayed up until the next morning. This is just a guess because I highly doubt that changing the time would fix it.

11. Mike

If there was a change to the registration page, that could've caused it - and that is something I had fixed recently already. :)

12. a legacy reborn

Ah ok, thanks for letting me know. I love the speed with which bugs are solved by a 2 man team ;)