[LN] Blog [Deleted]

No, that's handled by the Importer Suite which is another add-on in the works.

head-guy1r.png

One of the things I don't want to see from XenForo is every useful app become a paid app. It's on of the things I absolutely hated about IPB. Please tell me this Importer Suite will be a free alternative.

Of course. o_O

Thank you :cool:

I know, it may have seen obviously transparent and I know you Onumua to be very respectful, who I believe wouldn't do such a thing.... But I had to ask (sorry).

Would you believe on IPB they even were starting to sell BB Code? :eek: (I can't imagine anyone buying it)

Unless someone comes up with a bug report soon, the last free update to LNBlog will be released this week. :)

Great news - is the paid verson still on course for Q1 2012? Its the final part of the jigsaw I need to launch my website ;)

Is there a particular reason you're waiting for it?

Well I im converting my current VB4 + wordpress site to xenforo and wanted to use your blog addon in place of wordpress, I have a test site setup and managed to convert my wordpress blogs and comments into LNblog, I could get away with beta3 but as beta4 was is a rewrite I thought it would be better to wait.

I get the feeling beta4 isnt due anytime soon then?

Well I im converting my current VB4 + wordpress site to xenforo and wanted to use your blog addon in place of wordpress, I have a test site setup and managed to convert my wordpress blogs and comments into LNblog, I could get away with beta3 but as beta4 was is a rewrite I thought it would be better to wait.

I get the feeling beta4 isnt due anytime soon then?
It was but I changed gears to rewriting everything in 1.1 after some thinking. If I do the rewrite now I might as well just call it Beta 1, starting all over again by its very nature, and I don't want to have people wait even longer for a stable build which I know has been dragged out for far too long (yes folks, don't need to tell me again ;)).

A very light sprinkle of one or two features will be in Beta 4, and then it's off to RC/stable so people can feel confident in using "stable" software and I can switch gears to dealing with 1.1 of the Blog and prepare for Beta 1 of Storefront.

So if you want to wait until 1.0 Beta 3B, you can and upgrade through to 1.0 stable as it comes out. We can all work through 1.0 -> 1.1 of the blog together down the line. :)

It was but I changed gears to rewriting everything in 1.1 after some thinking. If I do the rewrite now I might as well just call it Beta 1, starting all over again by its very nature, and I don't want to have people wait even longer for a stable build which I know has been dragged out for far too long (yes folks, don't need to tell me again ;)).

A very light sprinkle of one or two features will be in Beta 4, and then it's off to RC/stable so people can feel confident in using "stable" software and I can switch gears to dealing with 1.1 of the Blog and prepare for Beta 1 of Storefront.

So if you want to wait until 1.0 Beta 3B, you can and upgrade through to 1.0 stable as it comes out. We can all work through 1.0 -> 1.1 of the blog together down the line. :)

Ok I think that makes sense - ;) so your releasing the last free version, 1.0 Beta3b this week?
Then beta 4 and so on and the rewrite version 1.1 coming further down the line?

Is that correct?

We ran into a tiny issue that I hope will not be too hard to solve.

Despite our anti-spammer methods, occasionally one manages to sneak through. In this case, he/she/it started a blogpost, which was quickly nuked after it was spotted. However, the XenPorta blog module still shows it as a recent entry.

Is there any way to handle these?

Ok I think that makes sense - ;) so your releasing the last free version, 1.0 Beta3b this week?
Then beta 4 and so on and the rewrite version 1.1 coming further down the line?

Is that correct?
Yes.
We ran into a tiny issue that I hope will not be too hard to solve.

Despite our anti-spammer methods, occasionally one manages to sneak through. In this case, he/she/it started a blogpost, which was quickly nuked after it was spotted. However, the XenPorta blog module still shows it as a recent entry.

Is there any way to handle these?

The blog doesn't have any links to XenForo's Spam Cleaner actually. I'll deal with that as fast as I can in that case and put it into 3B. That should clear things up... any other things you may have spotted?

Yes.The blog doesn't have any links to XenForo's Spam Cleaner actually. I'll deal with that as fast as I can in that case and put it into 3B. That should clear things up... any other things you may have spotted?

Cannot say I have :) Other than this minor issue, it's working flawlessly.

I keep getting these errors below:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to LNBlog_ControllerPublic_EntryComment::getCommentSpecificRedirect() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/user/public_html/library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php on line 26 and defined - library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php:39
Generated By: user, Bugün 06:20

#0 /home/user/public_html/library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php(39): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/user/...', 39, Array)
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php(26): LNBlog_ControllerPublic_EntryComment->getCommentSpecificRedirect(false, false, 5)
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): LNBlog_ControllerPublic_EntryComment->actionIndex()
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.site.com/entry-comments/89/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I keep getting these errors below:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to LNBlog_ControllerPublic_EntryComment::getCommentSpecificRedirect() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/user/public_html/library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php on line 26 and defined - library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php:39
Generated By: user, Bugün 06:20

#0 /home/user/public_html/library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php(39): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/user/...', 39, Array)
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/LNBlog/ControllerPublic/EntryComment.php(26): LNBlog_ControllerPublic_EntryComment->getCommentSpecificRedirect(false, false, 5)
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): LNBlog_ControllerPublic_EntryComment->actionIndex()
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.site.com/entry-comments/89/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Hm... alright, will look into it.

Top Bottom