Resource icon

[Llama] Thread Rotate 1.2

No permission to download

lazy llama

lazy llama submitted a new resource:

[Llama] Thread Rotate - Lock a thread and start a new similar thread from Thread Tools

Outline

• Locks an existing thread and starts a new thread in the same forum with just a few clicks.
  • Adds posts in each thread linking to the other.
  • Copies stickiness and moderated status of old thread to new, and unsticks old thread.
  • If existing thread title ends in a number, increments that number in suggested new title, e.g. original thread "Pictures of Cats - Part 19", suggested new thread title "Pictures of Cats - Part 20".
Use Cases

Read more about this resource...

Another feature request - auto subscribe in the new thread for those subscribed to the one being closed. :)
Yup, that's on the list too.

The other thing I'd like to do is a date/time based rotation so it'll start a new thread on 1st of the month (for example).

Unfortunately these all add quite a lot of complexity to what's currently a very simple add-on.
Will see what I can do.

Hello @lazy llama !
Very nice addon, thank you!
I've found one bug - when I try to rotate thread with prefix, this prefix inserted into new thread title field.
Please, fix it :)

awesome.. can you make it auto create when limit into 50 pages or 1000 posts ?
Another feature request - auto subscribe in the new thread for those subscribed to the one being closed. :)
The other thing I'd like to do is a date/time based rotation so it'll start a new thread on 1st of the month (for example).
Sorry, work is keeping me a bit busy at the moment. Still on the to-do list though.
Is it reasonable to assume that, because its been a year, that these features won't make it in?
I'd be really keen for this functionality.

Top Bottom