Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download

Naatan

Naatan submitted a new resource:

AjaxPolling (version 0.1) - Automatically updates your alert / inbox tooltip when you receive notifications.

The tag line pretty much says it all, this basically does the same as ajaxboy's AutoUpdater but that addon did not work for me and after looking at the code I felt it was too bloated to do such a simple task. If you need more advanced configuration or setup you might prefer his addon though.

Install just like any other addon, no configuration is included, it will poll for updates every 60 seconds.

Read more about this resource...

Nice one Naatan. I tried ajaxboy's AutoUpdater but couldn't get it work. A question, does it have any side affects over server load & performance?

Thank You.

Nice one Naatan. I tried ajaxboy's AutoUpdater but couldn't get it work. A question, does it have any side affects over server load & performance?

Thank You.

This all depends on the amount of active users you have and the time they spend on a page. It's not going to blow up your server by any means, but you might notice a small increase in load, which is only natural with a feature like this.

This add-on won't install. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/user/public_html/library/AjaxPolling/Listener.php on line 24

A poster using IE8 are unable to post with this modification. I turned it off and she was able to post.

Disabled for now.

Hi Naatan, seems that sometimes alerts don't show up...

I can't do much with that information unless you have some sort of error log or a way of reproducing the issue. Simply by what you've stated there can be many different reasons why this would happen, most of which have nothing to do with the addon in particular.

Keep in mind that this addon just refreshes your notification counts automatically on an interval, it does not actually send alerts. So if you are not receiving an alert you feel you should be then that's not a bug with the addon.

You're right...

The issue is that the notification counts don't been refreshed on (for example) new messages

If I discover how to reproduce the bug, report back.
Disabled for now :(

If you want I could see if I can debug it for you, as I can't reproduce any issue of the sort myself.

To do so I would need 2 accounts on your forums, to send myself messages and check the result. You can delete them after I'm done debugging.

Top Bottom