1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Theme Editor

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by EfendiBey, Aug 2, 2010.

1. EfendiBey

EfendiBey Member

I cant see admin CP but ı have a suggest. I think we must have a live theme manager. for example. we see forum view in admincp. we click somewhere and open theme editor from it. For example.. ı want to change 1's background color. I will click 1 at forum view in the admin cp and ı will see theirs changable options. and 2,3,4

[​IMG]

MtoR likes this.
  2. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

I've implemented something like this before. Not only is it absolutely horrible to code, it's not that great to use either. Either everything is clickable and it becomes annoying, or only select parts are clickable and it become unintuitive. On top of that you have padding, font type/size/colour,borders and a few other bits that can't be selected like this

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You'll be pleasantly surprised when you see what's in the styling section of the ACP. Trust me on this.

4. Disjunto

Guess I'm underestimating Kier again ;)

5. EfendiBey

EfendiBey Member

parts must be clickable. for example when ı clicj header a page is opened and ı will set bgcolor, font, font color etc.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Everyone will feel that way once they get their license.

7. Disjunto

I fear I've got a few weeks of rewriting part of a script once I see how they've done it and go "Oh I see!...."

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they already have something like this. Maybe not implemented exactly how you suggest, but with the way the CSS is with transparent gradients and hex colors for the background, this should be very easy to do. :)

9. Disjunto

actually doing it is quite easy. but getting a decent interface is a challenge (at least it was for me). can't wait to see what they've come up with :)