• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LiquidPro] New Thread Quota

John L.

I am posting this addon on behalf of LiquidPro. Visit us at http://www.liquidpro.net.

This add-on allows you to set a new thread quota per forum for a specific time span of your choice. For example if you wish you to limit a forum to have users only post 1 thread per week, you would simple set the "Time Span" (in hours) to 168 (7 * 24) and the "New Thread Quota" to 1.

I would appreciate any donations you could spare if you like my add-ons. Thank you!

Features:
  • The ability to disable this addon globally (Options > LiquidPro New Thread Quota)
  • The ability to exclude specific User Groups globally (Options > LiquidPro New Thread Quota)
  • The ability to setup quota limitations on a per forum basis (Applications > Display Node > *Pick a Forum*)
  • The ability to display a message to users notifying them of the limit and date they can post.
Changelog:
  • 1.1.0 - December 13, 2011
    • Now compatible for XenForo 1.1.x.
  • 1.0.5 - April 27, 2011
    • Fixed a critical error since the 1.0.1 XenForo update. Plugin now works as normal.
  • 1.0.4 - March 21, 2011
    • Fixed error where users were not being unblocked in order to post again.
    • Fixed various phrases that used "post" as opposed to "thread".
    • Soft Delete will now reset the quota as well as Permanent Delete.
    • Ability to set the "Time Span" to infinite by setting it to -1.
  • 1.0.1 - Initial Release
Demo:
  • N/A
Installation:
  • Upload the contents of the upload directory
  • Install the XML file provided outside the upload directory (Install Add-on > Browse > Find XML > Install Add-on)
Notes:
  • The add-on will be enabled by default.
  • This add-on will exclude the Administrator and Moderator user groups from the add-on by default.
Screenshots:

newthreadquota_options.webp newthreadquota_inputs.webp newthreadquota_message.webp

Donations:

Attachments

Looks interesting, and potentially a nice feature to entice users to buy a forum membership. I have a question based on the third screenshot, though.

Is the limit on a thread basis, or a post basis? I understand this mod will limit a user post an x-amount of threads in an y-amount of time. Is he/she allowed to post in the thread afterwards? I.e. You set my limit to two threads. I use those, and within the time period specified, I wish to bump one of my threads up to the top. Would I be able to do so, or would I see the error-message?

Looks interesting, and potentially a nice feature to entice users to buy a forum membership. I have a question based on the third screenshot, though.

Is the limit on a thread basis, or a post basis? I understand this mod will limit a user post an x-amount of threads in an y-amount of time. Is he/she allowed to post in the thread afterwards? I.e. You set my limit to two threads. I use those, and within the time period specified, I wish to bump one of my threads up to the top. Would I be able to do so, or would I see the error-message?

It does not affect the users right to post a reply. It only affects the ability to create new threads. So you can be at your max new thread quota in a particular forum, but still be able to reply to your own as well as other users threads.

Great add-on. Downloading and going to install at my forum now.

We're getting much more interesting add-ons here at the XenForo Community, these days,
smile.png

Great add-on. Downloading and going to install at my forum now.

We're getting much more interesting add-ons here at the XenForo Community, these days, :)

Thanks, my developer worked hard on it. Since the license is under my name he is unable to post replies, but I'm sure he thanks you as well. Next we will be working on an alternative to Easy Forms for XenForo. :)

Thanks, my developer worked hard on it. Since the license is under my name he is unable to post replies, but I'm sure he thanks you as well. Next we will be working on an alternative to Easy Forms for XenForo. :)
Easy Forms for XenForo would be awesome.

Very interesting mod... I can already see a basic application just for use in an Introduction forum, ie. a member should only ever introduce themselves once... to stop those who just post in one forum when hitting a new forum. Nice...

Since the license is under my name he is unable to post replies
As a license holder, you can add up to 4 forum accounts to your customer account, granting those accounts full access to the customer forums.

As a license holder, you can add up to 4 forum accounts to your customer account, granting those accounts full access to the customer forums.

Yea, I just added him which is why he can post, silly me I forgot you could do this :(.

Very interesting mod... I can already see a basic application just for use in an Introduction forum, ie. a member should only ever introduce themselves once... to stop those who just post in one forum when hitting a new forum. Nice...
I have added the feature you requested and jljr222 has posted the new version (1.0.2). In short, the add-on now allows you to set the Time Span to -1, which will make the time span apply indefinitely. Upgrade support also exists, so you should not have to uninstall and reinstall.

Is this just a typo in the mod, when applying to a node: "The number of posts per the time limit. If you want to use two posts per thirty days, the value of this field would be 2."

Should that be "posts" or "threads"?

Thanks for finding these bugs, sounds like you need to be a beta tester of ours ;). I have e-mailed John a new version of the add-on, 1.0.3, which addresses the phrasing and now does not count soft deleted posts towards the quota.

1.0.3 has been posted by jljr222. Please let me know if you have anymore problems or feedback. Thanks!

I will be testing this after some rest/open eyed sleeping.... Looks great and will be quite useful....

Welcome to the house LiquidPro....I am looking forward to see what other splendid scriptables you guys come up with. Thank you both.

Top Bottom