Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

@Fred. I completely agree...

If the intent is to abandon this addon for all future, then I'm not going to waste $50 on it now.

If the intent is to eventually create an XF2 version (whether that is a totally new addon or an update to the existing version) OR to allow someone else to take over this addon so that it can be re-written for XF2, that's another story, and would raise additional questions. And, I might just buy it right now, as there will undoubtedly be some time before I would pull the trigger on going to XF2 for the site that I would use this on (lots of addons to wait out for XF2 versions)

I have PCd @au lait but I have not heard anything back.

This leads me to believe that this addon will end up being completely dead. I hope not, please @au lait clarify for us what you intend to do with this addon...there isn't another one that is like it, or at least, not as good.

Thanks!

no worries everybody, i love sir au lait's add-on it is my favourite and i can't live without it, and i am so sad everyday now because he decide not to continue development,
so this make me decide that i will make my own ld add-on,
never fear my friends, i am working on a new link directroy for xf2.0, i study php everyday, please give me 3 years, i will make the best link directroy 2.0 add-on!

i will be king!

@Floyd R Turbo Well, the landing pages of both are fairly similar and you can add an external link button to your entry on RM. The link directory is nice, but if it's not going to be available for XF2, then at least RM will give you some of the features, which is better than nothing.

Yes, I'll keep Link Directory (LD) too and wait. I can decide mid of next year... Maybe till then there are more friendly news.

Can you guys share a link to your site where you display your directories? I can't find a visual appearance demo, with an ability to click the links and see how it operates.

Thanks

Realy? No, I dont think so. Alone the feature to watch links for errors, or the screen capture and several more is complete missing without this addon from @au lait.

At the moment I doesn't will upgrade to 2.x, so its for me a discussion about things in a year or so...

I'm not disagreeing with you. But in the absence of a fully functioning and supported LD for XF2, alternatives need to be checked out. There are a couple of third-party add-on developers who I would purchase from, but this experience has convinced me that third-party add-ons are not to be relied upon. Thus why I'll be moving to the RM

I'm starting to feel disappointment setting in as I've sent @au lait several messages and have not heard anything back. Basically, I wanted clarification as to whether or not it was really intended to abandon this addon (at least for XF2) and if so, could I buy it from them or something. I have not had any reply at all. I'm not really sure how to take that...it's never a good feeling to be totally and completely ignored, let's put it that way.

I'm starting to feel disappointment setting in as I've sent @au lait several messages and have not heard anything back. Basically, I wanted clarification as to whether or not it was really intended to abandon this addon (at least for XF2) and if so, could I buy it from them or something. I have not had any reply at all. I'm not really sure how to take that...it's never a good feeling to be totally and completely ignored, let's put it that way.
It was not my intention to ignore you!

If I know more, I will get in touch with you! Currently I can not answer your questions!
Fact is: I do not like XF2. Fact is: XF2 is not yet final. Fact is: Whether I am going to offer any add-ons for XF2 - unknown

Reactions: sbj
I used to use resource manager before link directory came out, it worked fine as a link directory, but it was no where close to au lait's add-on

his add-on is way better, what is sad, is there is no more updates coming for ld 1.5 version?

so now we know the reason why, it's because he doesn't like xenforo2.0 something or someone has made him mad, and it looks like he is going to stop making add-ons

so sad,
but he is right, xf2.0 is not final yet

there is lots of features still missing from xenforo, im not even close to converting to 2.0, for me it will be another year or 2 before i make the move, especially for big forums out there, i doubt most of them are eager to convert their forums to the new version

but the great this, is i see lots of people already putting out add-ons for 2.0, andy is converting all his add-ons pretty fast,
so i'm sure au lait doesn't put out an ld add-on for for 2.0, someone else will

hes not the only add-on developer here, and if there is demand for it, i'm sure someone else will jump in and start working on it
the thing is, i don't think there is any developer here that i can see staying around for years,
as i see developers come and go all the time from xenforo
i would ask andy but he doesn't do complicated add-ons, other than him, i can only think of 2 other guys, sirpou & xfa

we are out of luck!

one thing is for sure, i wouldn't waste your money with this add-on at this moment

Last edited:
Top Bottom