Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

That is just awesome, thank you!

So I finally can start the LD in my current xf1.5 and will be able to migrate to xf2 with LD in autumn... I did not launch LD1 since months.

That's great news, really! I suppose and hope, all content from LD1 can be imported to LD2? (LD2 means LD for xf2, not the software version)

That is really nice to hear. Is the author interested in some ideas and problems a webmaster could have, when it has tenthousands of links and thousands of categories? I really love the LD and i really hate some problems a big directory has. I am talking about 10thousands of links and thousands of directories.

What i would like to see is:
Add-Link only for the actuell cat;
Cats without Add-Link
Easier moving links without having the whole list of cats
Links should be on top of a thread like resources ( i have done this manualy, makes everything more looking like "aus einem Guß".)
And what i really, really miss is a complete textfield for a long description with attachmens, bbcodes and all that. If you want website owners to add a real nice presentation you should give them the tools for that.
Better SELECTs to fetch only what we need instead of fetching more and select from the selection
Option: not to sho cats, when there are no links inside.

And maybe there are some changes at Google Speedsense?
Because there are many more not fetched screenshots than a year before, while the linked pages are online and running.

I'v got this error when inserting a new link
Code:
count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in phc/LinkDirectory/ControllerPublic/Links.php at line 287
    phc_LinkDirectory_ControllerPublic_Links->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152

using php 7.2. on xenforo 1.5.21

Any ideas?

Update: OK, it is an php 7.2 issue with count(). So far understood.
@au lait any hints highly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
I can't do anything with shortened error messages! I also don't know why everyone thinks to shorten them according to their own will!

Edit: I believe you that this error is present! But I didn't have any problems with my tests. I am simply missing further data here

Edit2: Everything else see PN and new test version

Last edited:
does anyone know how "clicks" work?

i visit my link directory everyday to click on some links but the "clicks" stay the same, it doesn't go up,

does it work by ip? or cookies?

so if i click 100 times, i should see the number go up by 100?

there is no errors in the console, no errors anywhere, but the click number always stay them same,

i went to admin-tools-cron entries-Link Directory - Check Link status and CleanUp

it says cron finished successfully, but then number in link directory stays the same,

maybe i can re-install add-on?

I'v got this error when inserting a new link
Code:
count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in phc/LinkDirectory/ControllerPublic/Links.php at line 287
    phc_LinkDirectory_ControllerPublic_Links->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152

using php 7.2. on xenforo 1.5.21

Any ideas?

Update: OK, it is an php 7.2 issue with count(). So far understood.
@au lait any hints highly appreciated.

Thanks

@au lait

is there an issue when using LinkDirectory with PHP 7.2 ?
Should I use an earlier version of PHP ? For example PHP 7.1 ?

Please let me know.

Top Bottom