Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

I installed the LD without placing
ld_callback.php into the root directory of xenforo. Once installed I wasn't sure we're to put this php file until I received the reply on xenforo. Once I received the reply I just drop the php file into the root of xf. Not sure if I need to reinstall LD since this file was missing from the root when I installed LD. But ever thing seem to be working fine.

Upgraded to Version 3 today and while all my links are still there, the categories are showing as empty '0' . However if I click on the empty category it shows the links within.

Anyone any idea why are the categories are reporting empty when they are not?

Any reason why it won't? Or would you be willing to let someone else take it over? Or is there another similar addon that will make this one obsolete?

That is shocking to hear!

This is an awesome add-on with totally unique features, it must not die out. I rely on it so much.
If it's too much work of course we can understand. But please hand it over/sell it to a good developer who is willing to port it to XF2.0. Please, really.

im not planning on upgrading to 2.0 anytime soon,

but oh no!! this is bad news, another reason not to upgrade to 2.0

but will development continue for 1.5?

i love this add-on!! it is one of the top add-ons, i cant live without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Such a question just bevor the author give it free? Thats not helpfull.

That wasn't what I asked. Often if an add-on is not developed anymore then the developer will cede it to somebody else. The developer's position has been clearly stated: "NO" therefore, my question is perfectly reasonable. The only person who mentioned "free" was you. I'm merely interested to know if this is add-on is worth maintaining on my website or not.

Last edited:
I think I know the developer a litle bit better, so this let me thinking that "NO" must not be the latest word.

The only person who mentioned "free" was you.
Yes. :D And I realy dont think its the best time to discuss this. The addon is not marked as unsupported, the developer have (will have) truely just not enough time at the moment, the latest version is working and a productiv use for xenforo 2.x ist not in sight at the moment.

I also have since month less (no) time for my addons and translations - but that doesn't mean, I will give up. ;)

I think I know the developer a litle bit better, so this let me thinking that "NO" must not be the latest word.

Yes. :D And I realy dont think its the best time to discuss this. The addon is not marked as unsupported, the developer have (will have) truely just not enough time at the moment, the latest version is working and a productiv use for xenforo 2.x ist not in sight at the moment.

I also have since month less (no) time for my addons and translations - but that doesn't mean, I will give up. ;)
Responding with "NO" is very clear for me. He could have said he has no time at the moment and he doesn't know yet.
You don't build much trust if you just say "NO". People will stay away from the addon now and look for alternatives.

Top Bottom