Limited Guest Viewing

Limited Guest Viewing [Paid] 1.7.3

No permission to buy ($20.00)

Wutime

Wutime submitted a new resource:

Limited Guest Viewing - Increase forum registrations by limiting guest views

Fully featured system to limit the number of content pages your guests can view before being forced to register. It also supports a nag system to warn users that they're on a limited number of views before having to register.

Proven method of increasing forum registrations without negatively affecting SEO or annoying your visitors.

Features include:
  • Cookie-based to ensure SEO/BOT friendly
  • Session-based to force registration
  • Set max views allowed
  • Set warning screen...

Read more about this resource...

I was using version 1.1, can I get this version? Is there any reason not to include all the page types to count towards the view limit?

Yes, all versions are available for download by visiting the purchase page, including all future versions.

Personally, I recommend just leaving "Post pages" to count towards the "views limiting" for the following reasons:
  • Your website content pretty much only exists on "Post pages" (aka, Thread listing pages)
  • Search and search results are relatively meaningless and eventually link to "Post page"
  • Forum listing and homepages have no content per-se and eventually the user gets to a "Post page"
For the above reasons, and to not completely annoy your visitors, it's best to only count view limits on the "Post pages".

The goal of the system is to lightly nag visitors to register. Your real "future members" will be reading lots of content. This system will just force them to get involved sooner, by forcing them to register.

Play with the limits on views to fine tune what works best for your board.

Play with the limits on views to fine tune what works best for your board.
Just bought and installed twice but seems is not working. I really want to see this addon working.

I have the same settings from your screenshots and enabled addon but not working, I use the last version of xenforo.

I do not have any errors on my cpanel. Can you help me?

Yes sure, did you want to send me your board link? I'm just grabbing a coffee, back in 5 minutes.

Or shoot me a private conversation if you prefer.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for anyone that purchased my add-ons through Selz or Fetchapp. I've launched a storefront and moved everything over. If you'd like to continue to download updates please do the following for access to my addons directly through my website: https://www.wutime.com
  1. Visit my website and download any "free" addon: https://www.wutime.com/downloads/category/free/
  2. Send me your order #
  3. Send me your original payment email address so I can confirm your prior order (let me know if it was Selz or FetchApp)
Once you've done the above I can link you to your original order in the new system so you can continue to download updates hassle-free.

Thanks for your help and apologies for having to jump through hoops. People were having trouble with Selz and FetchApp was a nightmare.

Cheers, Wu

Can this addon be altered to limit views to normal registered members, to force an upgrade to Premium for example?

Can this addon be altered to limit views to normal registered members, to force an upgrade to Premium for example?

No, this is aimed at guest viewers only. I could put one together that's aimed at registered viewers and after a set number of views "per day" or in "total" forwards the users to the upgrade page (account/upgrades).

hey I have the addon however I logged out to test if I can log in again but I can't because I didn't set up a username and pass

Top Bottom