Limit likes / reactions

I disagree. Likes are used to show appreciation towards a particular post and limiting this would just not benefit the system. I think it works fine as it is and something like this should be left out of the core and better fitting as an add-on.

If not this (that I think is a good idea), then it must be a way to control the likes given by a user. There are a lot of ways to abuse the system, and there is no way you can manually delete a like.

I have a member who pretty much likes every single post made on one of my forums. No idea if he just likes his name plastered everywhere or has some odd OCD issue. I've looked around for ways to "throttle" him (short of outright telling him to stop), but never really thought up anything solid to request as a feature.

I disagree. Likes are used to show appreciation towards a particular post and limiting this would just not benefit the system. I think it works fine as it is and something like this should be left out of the core and better fitting as an add-on.
What you are saying is true only if the system working as facebook and not counting totals for user ranks and trophy points.

But xenforo does count totals and the whole ranking system is based on those totals. Someone can easily press like in mass on some other user's posts and totally spoil the whole likes system and trophy system in few hours which will lead to discourage real quality posters who gained points by posting quality content for years.
That's a really big disaster for a forum.

Last edited:
If not this (that I think is a good idea), then it must be a way to control the likes given by a user. There are a lot of ways to abuse the system, and there is no way you can manually delete a like.
There is no way to find likes given by a member or delete them in mass

Hello all. We have a member that has been a nuisance for some time. Her latest thing is to flood the board with likes. 78 this morning and 26 just now. I would love to be able to individually limit her likes but am aware any add-on would likely apply to a whole group. What is a good, affordable add-on with adjustment capabilities on limiting likes?

Also, is there anything new in "discourage"?

Thanks.

I could see where this could come in handy or maybe a mass prune system to remove like from a member also.

We are a relatively small site, with perhaps 3-10 members and 40 guests on at any one time. 100+ likes in one day by one individual is excessive. This individual is not trying to annoy members. But she is annoying us. She will "like" posts adjacent to posts by Admin and myself (mod) in what appears an attempt to use the "like" function to play games. We believe she is sending out several likes to butter up members of the forum, who ostensibly would be more defensive about actions taken on our part on other issues because she is so "nice". Another game. "Likes" should be issued on the merit of the post.

Is there any guideline or Xenforo recommendation on "like" percentages for individuals that equate to a healthy forum?

I'm so glad the Like system can be switched off. I'm not looking for my members to be taking part in popularity contests & mutual back-slapping cliques. Great that XF has it for those that need it but not for me. I do use it here & at TAZ but it is pretty meaningless & open to abuse.

I'm so glad the Like system can be switched off. I'm not looking for my members to be taking part in popularity contests & mutual back-slapping cliques. Great that XF has it for those that need it but not for me. I do use it here & at TAZ but it is pretty meaningless & open to abuse.
I hear what you're saying. For my site, however, it is pretty much flawless with the added benefit that it is a great replacement for hearing "good post", or "I agree".

Additional tools and guidelines would aid the process.

Well, it turns out there was already a function within the system to limit likes individually. Or, more accurately, to remove the capability to like at all, on an individual basis. The instigator was quite surprised that she could no longer "spread love", i.e., get attention, play games, and devalue the currency.

Top Bottom