Let’s see your forums that launched in 2018!

Alternadiv

We all know it can be challenging to launch a new forum nowadays, but it definitely isn’t impossible. Forums have been a hobby of mine since 2005, and while I’ve had a very long hiatus since then, the beauty of XenForo has made it really compelling to come back to.

Mine is Tacoma3G.com. It’s a forum for 2016+ model-year Toyota Tacoma owners. Instagram has helped me tremendously in gaining traction within this community. The forum went live on May 1st, 2018 and recently surpassed 2k members and will reach 20k posts this month. I do have additional plans to expand on the features of the website this year.

If you launched a forum in 2018, proudly show it off for us to check out. Also, what are your plans/goals going forward in 2019?

You have a good-looking site. All that investment is paying off. I didn't even know so many ppl were into customizing their relatively new Toyota trucks 😮. Seen how nice your site is gives me hope that The Samba.com and ForumsPelicanParts.com will see the light one day and switch over to Xenforo. Anyways, I too relaunched my site in 2018. Alien Babble is the name, with over 5 members and growing! We are an alien, UFO, conspiracy, cryptozoology & paranormal site!

You have a good-looking site. All that investment is paying off. I didn't even know so many ppl were into customizing their relatively new Toyota trucks 😮. Seen how nice your site is gives me hope that The Samba.com and ForumsPelicanParts.com will see the light one day and switch over to Xenforo. Anyways, I too relaunched my site in 2018. Alien Babble is the name, with over 5 members and growing! We are an alien, UFO, conspiracy, cryptozoology & paranormal site!

Thank you for the kind words.

Those first two forums are HUGE! Why not move them to XenForo by now? I suppose you don’t know either (assuming they aren’t yours).

I can’t load the Alien forum though.

Wow, your members are WAY more talkative than mine. Looks extremely active. Good job!
We have the benefit of being a local club, so we see each other at least once a month for our club meeting. Then we usually have a beer afterwards.

Our club actually started using an email listserv back in 2001. We made the jump to the forum world in 2004, using an open source forum that got hacked a few times. We finally bit the bullet and moved to vB in August 2005. We never moved off the 3.x series, and just moved to XF last month!

It's kind of funny that this is in the "off topic" section, isn't it? I would think discussing forums would be on-topic here!

We have the benefit of being a local club, so we see each other at least once a month for our club meeting. Then we usually have a beer afterwards.

It's kind of funny that this is in the "off topic" section, isn't it? I would think discussing forums would be on-topic here!
I almost put it in the forum management section but I figured it might get seen more here. Idk.

Thank you for the kind words.

Those first two forums are HUGE! Why not move them to XenForo by now? I suppose you don’t know either (assuming they aren’t yours).
You're welcome. Those forums aren't mine, but they would benefit greatly if they were to migrate to XF.

I can’t load the Alien forum though.
Oops! I shouldn't play with the CSS on the live site :p

I began working on my new forum on November 30, 2018, so it's still very early days. I still have a placeholder logo is how early it is. My site is Flix Forums and I understand the topic of discussion is a tad generic, but it's what I wanted to do. They say to make your forums something you care about, so that's what I did. I only have a few close, movie/tv loving friends on board right now, but who knows, we might get a few more over the next year or so.

I also apologize for having an almost completely unmodified PixelExit style (Nova to be exact) but it just looks so perfect to me I don't even want to change the colors. I'm experimenting with some alterations right now, but I still haven't been able to improve on the style yet, so it will stay as is for the time being.

Any ideas for quality of life addons that potential future members, or even just us few, might find beneficial? I've looked at some of the movie and television specific addons available, but they don't quite do exactly what I'd want and to get them all would be rather pricey. So I think I will go with the basics for now, but if there are any addons that give members more control over their accounts or just make forum browsing easier, then please let me know.

Nerdface was born in January 2018, but actually didn't really open until December 2018.

It's using a customised Uniform skin by xenfocus.com and has a number of add-ons installed. I've decided to stick with 2.0 until 2.1 is declared stable, and a number of additional features and add-ons will be implemented to coincide with upgrading..

I'm reasonably happy with how things are progressing, but it's definitely a struggle getting new members and activity. I shall stick it out though!

My Forum spent about 6-7years on Zetaboards, a free host before it decided to sell to Tapatalk, mid-2018, after spending around 6 months getting everything sorted as we have some specific add-ons for our forum, we finally launched! Original post count was almost 200k, had to reset that due to the lack of conversion but think it's gone pretty well and we're getting there! Recently released an update for our new graphics and we're continuing to work on stuff that we lost since the move.

Moving to XF, best decision thus far! Planning to move to 2.1 at some point in 2019.. and hanging on for a ticketing system. :)

Started in October 2018. Slow but steady progress.

:)

Top Bottom