XF 1.5 Latest / Recent Threads Link for Navigation Template

As the title implies. I am not interested in a latest or recent posts link. I have tried to code various links for the above title and used suggestions from 4-6 years ago suggesting they should work (and I suspect they would work) but each and every one of them displays posts rather than threads once clicked. I am not looking to purchase a script or enter in license information on some random site just to try something out that may or may not work. I am however interested in learning how to make this work.

Edit: Unsure why this was moved to Styling and Customization Questions as the description for said forum says "If you are trying to customize the look and feel of your Xenforo forum, post your styling and customization questions here." This isn't about a look for the forum nor is it about the feel about the forum. This is about functionality. The previous forum Xenforo Questions and Support had said description: "..., such as configuring Xenforo to fit your needs." - Precisely what I was attempting to do. Now I am confused.

Last edited:
As the title implies. I am not interested in a latest or recent posts link. I have tried to code various links for the above title and used suggestions from 4-6 years ago suggesting they should work (and I suspect they would work) but each and every one of them displays posts rather than threads once clicked. I am not looking to purchase a script or enter in license information on some random site just to try something out that may or may not work. I am however interested in learning how to make this work.

Edit: Unsure why this was moved to Styling and Customization Questions as the description for said forum says "If you are trying to customize the look and feel of your Xenforo forum, post your styling and customization questions here." This isn't about a look for the forum nor is it about the feel about the forum. This is about functionality. The previous forum Xenforo Questions and Support had said description: "..., such as configuring Xenforo to fit your needs." - Precisely what I was attempting to do. Now I am confused.
if you need any help just pm me and im glad to help :)

I am however interested in learning how to make this work.
The short answer is it would require custom development.

As you are "not looking to purchase a script or enter in license information on some random site just to try something out that may or may not work" then if you are proficient in PHP and MySQL, you can create an add-on for your own needs which will pull new threads only, instead of new posts.

The short answer is it would require custom development.

I don't mind custom development - I've been doing just that for 11-12 years (most of that was vBulletin). I'm not asking someone to do that for me - just looking for some assistance in pointing me in the right direction.

For example: injecting something like this
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">Latest Threads</a></li>
or
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads', '', 'days=30'}">Latest Threads</a></li>
won't necessarily work. The end result is a display of posts instead of threads. At one time this might have worked but due to code changes I'm assuming /threads has removed from usability.

I don't mind taking a trip but if I'm not familiar with the roads I might utilize a map that someone might give or sell me or GPS from my phone or in my vehicle to help me navigate while I drive in order for me to get where I'm going. IOW, I can't get to an unknown location without at least a little bit of assistance, otherwise I might get a little lost.

you can create an add-on for your own needs which will pull new threads only, instead of new posts.
True, I can but I've only been using Xenforo software for a very short amount of time and am still learning to use it.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable here. If there isn't anyone who knows how to do it, then I'll accept that for what it is; but if there is someone out there who can at least point me in the right direction, I think I can at least appreciate the time and effort for assistance. I do have to wonder, in the end, why this ability or feature no longer works (if it conflicted with something else or a developer felt the need to remove old code?)

I don't mind taking a trip but if I'm not familiar with the roads I might utilize a map that someone might give or sell me or GPS from my phone or in my vehicle to help me navigate while I drive in order for me to get where I'm going. IOW, I can't get to an unknown location without at least a little bit of assistance, otherwise I might get a little lost.
I would recommend looking at how the new posts function works and then adapting that to suit.
There's a custom development forum if you have any specific questions, as well as various guides on how to create an add-on.

I do have to wonder, in the end, why this ability or feature no longer works (if it conflicted with something else or a developer felt the need to remove old code?)
It has never been a function of the software.
Where have you seen reference to it?

That is a very old post.

In the first release(s) find-new/posts was find-new/threads, but it still returned posts as it does now, not threads - i.e. the functionality has always been the same, regardless of the name and URL.

Top Bottom