Kraken iO Compressor

I've got a 4k resolution screen on my laptop, and the difference is more than acceptable, and you can only really tell when looking at the image on 100% zoom
The real problem there will be within 4/5 years with new monitors.

Maybe I'm a little OT but instead of save storage space (with price lowering every day) lowering quality I think is better to have a "big" original picture (optimized) and different versions of the same image for different devices, screens and connections, like does YouTube with videos.

The real problem there will be within 4/5 years with new monitors.

Maybe I'm a little OT but instead of save storage space (with price lowering every day) lowering quality I think is better to have a "big" original picture (optimized) and different versions of the same image for different devices, screens and connections, like does YouTube with videos.

Kraken's Compression doesn't really impact resolution much. The number of Colors used in the image is usaully what's compressed.

Most images only require 10 of thousands of shades vs millions of shades to produce an accurate image. Many compressors remove redundant image data from a file.

Cell phones and tablets rule the world. It'll be a long while before there's a mobile standard that can handle high-Resolution images.

Image compression, flat design and responsive design all go hand-in-hand. 3G internet speeds will be around for a very long time.

Image compression is an absolute necessity that'll be a fundamental part of web design for years to come.

Plus, your SEO Page rank will greatly depend on fast loading pages across multiple platforms.

Top Bottom