KnownHost - Managed Hosting Services - !!75% Off Base Cost NVMe, VPS or Cloud!! - Perfect for any size XenForo deployment.

what is you send email limit per hr, I was told 500 but look on there website and it stated only 100 emails an hour.
I just read that the AUP says 100 per hour, which is not even enouth to handle the forums post alerts that tell you about a recent post.

KnownHost AUP

hared Cloud Accounts:
  1. Each account is allowed a maximum CPU usage equivalent to 50% of one CPU core.
  2. SH-1 will have access to a maximum combined usage of 512MB of memory and a maximum of 128MB per process.
  3. SH-2 will have access to a maximum combined usage of 1024MB of memory and a maximum of 128MB per process.
  4. Each account has a maximum of 200,000 inodes and a maximum combined 1024 IOPS disk performance.
  5. Accounts may not be used for file storage, database storage, media storage and streaming, computer backups or archival purposes.
  6. Each account may execute no more than 100 processes at any given time.
  7. Each account is limited to a maximum execution time of 60 seconds for processes.
  8. Each MySQL query is limited to a maximum execution time of 30 seconds.
  9. Each account is restricted from operating any back end services or servers that require a process to remain running for longer than 60 seconds.
  10. Each account is limited to a maximum of 100 emails sent per hour.

Howdy, that's correct. Our Shared/Reseller line is limited to 100 emails per hour, our VPS line and up can sent 60 per min or above with pre-approval.

We are flexible on this policy however so if you're running near the limit on our shared service simply reach out to us and we'll see what we can do for you. Any email that is not sent out within a particular period is simply queued up for the next period.

Howdy, that's correct. Our Shared/Reseller line is limited to 100 emails per hour, our VPS line and up can sent 60 per min or above with pre-approval.

We are flexible on this policy however so if you're running near the limit on our shared service simply reach out to us and we'll see what we can do for you. Any email that is not sent out within a particular period is simply queued up for the next period.
I did and was told that they cannot give more then 100 emails per hr, which is simply not enough to sent out to our 3,500 members...
so this is the only reasion that I did not sign up. I need to send out a newsletter about once a month.

I did and was told that they cannot give more then 100 emails per hr, which is simply not enough to sent out to our 3,500 members...
so this is the only reasion that I did not sign up. I need to send out a newsletter about once a month.

I'd recommend Sendy.co which uses Amazon SES to deliver the emails.. not only is it cheap, it'll be more reliable then using your own server and it's IP address. I do this for one of my sites that's hosted on Knownhost. Works well!

I have both a Xenforo forum and also a big vbulletin forum. Does anyone know if Xenforo are good at migrating vbulletin forums and ensuring they are working properly?

I have both a Xenforo forum and also a big vbulletin forum. Does anyone know if Xenforo are good at migrating vbulletin forums and ensuring they are working properly?

I migrated from vB3.8 to XF2 one year ago and it went very smoothly. I had 20K+ members at the time. The support people here at XF and Knownhost were very helpful. I've been using Knownhost for my hosting the last year and have to say their tech support has exceeded all my expectations.

The only issue I have had, and which still remains, is with PayPal and renewals of existing recurring monthly subscriptions. Anyone that created a subscription before I switched to XF still has the old vB link for IPN notifications associated with the Paypal subscription. Whenever those user donations try to get processed, Paypal spits out a warning to me about the link being wrong. After 30 days, it disables IPN notifications entirely which screws up the payment processing for subscription renewals each month. So every 30 days, I have to re-enable the IPN notifications to keep it working. The ONLY other solution thus far has been to encourage users with those old subscriptions to cancel them and start a new one from within XF so that the correct link will be used. Paypal simply will NOT provide a means for me to change that link on existing subscriptions. There might be some other scheme for fixing it, but I a not a real IT type of admin, so those means will be outside my ability to implement without very specific instructions from someone that knows what they are doing.

I just wanted to add that I've had the same KH server (a few upgrades, but same server) for 7 years next month and I couldn't be happier. Their customer service and ticket response times are amazing. I wouldn't change providers for anything and I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

I've been a Knownhost customer for 12 YEARS! These guys are awesome. I recently saw the need for a new VPS so KH hooked me up with one of their Cloud Linux VPS's. Couldn't be happier. Had a few issues during migration and these guys went above and beyond to get the job done and working correctly.

Now that I've made the move I'm currently making preparations to get away from VB and switch to Xenforo.

Big shout out of Thanks to DanielL and team over at KH! I mucked about with something, realized I mucked about a tad too much, needed help, DanielL and team figured out what I did, fixed it, and quickly got everything working again with no loss of data. I can honestly say that in all my years of dealing with hosting companies, KH has been the best so far.

1588179306092.webp

Big shout out of Thanks to DanielL and team over at KH! I mucked about with something, realized I mucked about a tad too much, needed help, DanielL and team figured out what I did, fixed it, and quickly got everything working again with no loss of data. I can honestly say that in all my years of dealing with hosting companies, KH has been the best so far.

View attachment 223676

We're happy to have ya :)

We have been using Knownhost for several years and just recently jumped from a Dedicated box to the Cloud VPS with Litespeed and we love it. Extremely reliable service with amazing support.

Guys and gals I've been using Knownhosts VPS plans on and off from 2006 from basic wordpress sites, vbulletin and now Xenforum. These guys are simply the best and have an amazing support team. I mean I don't think you could ever find a better hosting company. No they're not paying me to say this either lol. I highly recommend Knownhost.

I am currently with Knownhost and used their KH30DEAL 30% off for life coupon. I'm considering my options as I am up for the annual renewal next month.

Can you take that 30% off for life coupon and apply it to another option if I upgrade (e.g. if I went for MVPS-4)? Currently I am on MVPS-3. Also, have the hosting options improved anyway in the last year, for the same price? I mean tech gets cheaper year by year, right?

Howdy @Jon12345 , Thanks for being a KH customer. You actually have two choices as we've just now rolled out some new packages and pricing (with some more to come). We'll be getting this thread updated soon with those details.

You can either retain your discount level and upgrade to the MVPS-4, or we can look at the new packages which have slightly different resource allocations, but don't include a lifetime discount. These packages generally work out very close to your existing price with the discount.

I mean tech gets cheaper year by year, right?

I really wish that were the case. Older/existing technology does get a bit cheaper but you have to continually re-invest those gains into keeping up with the next generation. For example we've got some NVMe High Frequency packages that will be launching first/second week of Jan 2021 that will blow the socks off of anything performance wise with minimum processor speeds of 3.4GHz (with boost clocks hitting 5GHz) and full enterprise NVMe drives to back them. Not to mention the entire network retrofit we did last year to vastly expand our internal and external network capabilities.

If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll be around a bit today to keep an eye here, otherwise we do have folks working in sales today as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing the pricing for the NVMe packages. I've looked at a competitors (V**** - deliberately obfuscated) to get an idea of typical pricing.

I switched over to KnownHost recently and so far I'm very excited about the change. I want to focus on what I do best and that's not hosting :). So far all my tickets have been answered promptly and precisely. It's so nice not having that extra headache of worrying about the hosting aspect of things.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to seeing the pricing for the NVMe packages. I've looked at a competitors (V**** - deliberately obfuscated) to get an idea of typical pricing.
So managed High Frequency NVMe will range at the low end of around $44/mo all the way up to around $212/mo depending on resources and assuming DirectAdmin not cPanel. We're waiting for a few more bits to arrive and burn in testing to complete before launching.

I switched over to KnownHost recently and so far I'm very excited about the change. I want to focus on what I do best and that's not hosting :). So far all my tickets have been answered promptly and precisely. It's so nice not having that extra headache of worrying about the hosting aspect of things.
That's awesome to hear, welcome aboard. We do our best to make it to where you don't have to worry about the hosting side of things!

Anyone tried the new NVME option vs their classic VPS options and noticed much difference or XenForo, Wordpress or anything else?

Top Bottom