[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

Thanks for the update. Errors are gone.

Where are the Trophy icons supposed to show up? Not seeing them anywhere.

I actually can't recall if you have to prepend the fa- or not. You can try leaving it away. I'll look it up as soon as I get to my computer again.

Ok it works after removing fa-.

This is inconsistent with another addon I am using that works with fa- and does not without it. I think including fa- is the correct format according to FontAwesome, at least that is what they show on their website. I could be wrong, but it would be good if the community was consistent, whichever one is correct.

Anyway, it works now that I know to delete this prefix.

An issue with the display is that adding an icon replaces the ability to see how many points the trophy is worth. You could consider moving the points display, or the icon to show both.

Do you have any future plans to use the icons for a postbit display of trophies? I'm hoping someone makes a solution for that.

Cheers!

This is inconsistent with another addon I am using that works with fa- and does not without it. I think including fa- is the correct format according to FontAwesome, at least that is what they show on their website. I could be wrong, but it would be good if the community was consistent, whichever one is correct.

This is actually inconsistent across XF2 itself. When defining an admin navigation icon in the developer section of the acp, you have to prefix the icon with fa-, but when assigning an icon to a custom bb code, you have to leave it away. Ultimately I've decided to stick with leaving it away, as it is the same interface structure I've utilized. I'll probably be making some improvements to it though, so it just works with both ways.

An issue with the display is that adding an icon replaces the ability to see how many points the trophy is worth. You could consider moving the points display, or the icon to show both.

You can opt in to show the points for each trophy as a text next to the trophy title on the overview page. I haven't done that for profiles yet however, as I am working on accumulating the points for trophies with predecessors before doing so.

Do you have any future plans to use the icons for a postbit display of trophies? I'm hoping someone makes a solution for that.

I haven't had any plans for it so far, simply because didn't cross my mind to do that. I've scheduled it for implementation.

I haven't had any plans for it so far, simply because didn't cross my mind to do that. I've scheduled it for implementation.

That would be amazing :love:

I was using an addon in vBulletin to show achievements and awards in postbit and now my users are wondering where all their bling went :oops:

Please let me know if you would like any pre-release testing.

Is it possible you could add an option and make it so users have the choice between picking a static color like it is now, or use a RGB slider?

Or even just by default a RGB slider?

Is it possible you could add an option and make it so users have the choice between picking a static color like it is now, or use a RGB slider?

Or even just by default a RGB slider?

Not the way it is currently implemented. The database only holds the color id, so you can change them anytime for all users that have selected it and also keep it different between styles to keep it readable.

Hi, great plugin! Seems to be working well for trophy categorization. However, I did notice some server errors whenever I edit or create a new trophy. It seems to be working well though, just thought I would let you know.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Admin/Controller/Trophy.php:27

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Admin/Controller/Trophy.php(27): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/xxxxx/pu...', 27, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): KL\UserImprovements\Admin\Controller\Trophy->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Trophy', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'trophies', Object(KL\UserImprovements\Admin\Controller\Trophy), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1844): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#6 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#7 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(20) "/admin.php?trophies/"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://xxxxxx.xxx/admin.php?trophies/1/edit"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["trophies/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I am aware of these. As said, they're fixed in the next update.
Okay, I understand you.
In general, I'll just disable the modification of the template (Help page)
Thus, the error will not interfere.

In the rest, everything works perfectly.
*This solves the problem immediately in 2 plug-ins.
(Editor and this plugin)
**This information is useful to those who use this plugin and is happy with it!

Last edited:
I'm having issues with the Username Changes.+

1st attempt to change names results in
Code:
XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'change_id' cannot be null in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 174
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 69
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 69
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 145
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1381
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1113
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 59
KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account->KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 169
XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 35
XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAccountDetails() in src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 19
KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAccountDetails() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1863
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Clicking Save again then works.
When I try and display the name changes I get the dropdown next to the name, but it just says Username Changes and doesn't actually list any of the changes I've made.
Permissions are set to yes for Admin/Mod/Registered

XF 2 RC3 & User Improvements 1.0.0 Beta 4

Top Bottom