No permission to download

Lukas W.

Code:
    public static function extend($class, array &$extend) {
        if (!class_exists('XFCP_KL_PasswordTools_DataWriter_User', false)) {
            $extend[] = 'KL_PasswordTools_DataWriter_User';
        }
    }
No point adding the class_exist checks, you can just append to $extend blindly. (You can add a version check in for < XF1.2 so you can always ensure the hint is respected)

Your addon looks fairly straight forward and well put together.

A few other bits:
  1. Should respect the "$requirePassword". When migrating between authentication providers, the requirePassword is false and permits and empty password to be stored.
  2. IMO, the large json should be converted into php arrays, this will then allow opcode caching to handle those files rather than causing ~3mb of IO every time someone sets a password.

Small template mod tweak, You have the following repeated twice:
Code:
<xen:require js="js/KL/PasswordTools/zxcvbn-async.js" />
<xen:require js="js/KL/PasswordTools/PasswordStrengthMeter.js" />
<xen:include template="KL_PasswordStrengthMeter_Setup" />
Any reason those javascript include aren't be pushed into the KL_PasswordStrengthMeter_Setup template to make the template modifications simpler?

The default text strength colour on a dark theme are fairly unreadable:
dark_theme.webp

Last edited:
Any reason those javascript include aren't be pushed into the KL_PasswordStrengthMeter_Setup template to make the template modifications simpler?

I've actually tried that, but it didn't work for a reason I wasn't able to identify.

The default text strength colour on a dark theme are fairly unreadable:
View attachment 114157

You can change that in the Style Properties. 'Segments' holds the default color for the bars, 'Phrase' the one for the phrase.

I've actually tried that, but it didn't work for a reason I wasn't able to identify.
Weird.

You can change that in the Style Properties. 'Segments' holds the default color for the bars, 'Phrase' the one for the phrase.
Could you set the 'Phrase' default foreground color to something like @textCtrlText rather than an an explicit hardcoded color? This will then work properly across most themes without modification.

In 1.5.0RC2 is not working.
I've seen that require FA. in my case I don't have and I don't want to use FA,
would be great make this optional, if possible.

Could you set the 'Phrase' default foreground color to something like @textCtrlText rather than an an explicit hardcoded color? This will then work properly across most themes without modification.

Changed to @mutedTextColor for the next version.

In 1.5.0RC2 is not working.

Double-checked that, couldn't find anything not working though. What exactly is not working for you?

Reactions: Xon
Screenshot (297).webp
Am I doing something wrong? Getting this error on registration (after filling details then sign up). I'm on XenForo 1.4.10.

Last edited:
Top Bottom