[KL] Language Specific Forums [Deleted]

Lukas W.

katsulynx submitted a new resource:

[KL] Language Specific Forums - Filter Forums by User Language

[KL] Language Specific Forums
Description
With this addon you can improve your multilanguage board user experience. Filter your boards by language(s) to keep them tidy and clean and show specific forums only to users with specific languages.

Features
  • Select language(s) for categories, forums, pages and link-pages
  • Show...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
There's no functionality for the RM yet. The language data is directly stored for each node and can be accessed by anyone who fetches the nodes, so it is fairly easy to build on it. If other addon developers create own node types, only minor ajustments are necessary to support the language filtering. If the addon is available for free, I can also do the Integration

Do you have a demo board? It's not clear how this works for the reader.
Does this affect the language metadata and url routes?

Do you mean that if the reader has a language selected for the UI then the nodes in other languages are hidden?

Is there a setting for this in the user preferences or on the front end? Could you add a screenshot?

There are screenshots of every visible aspect on the overview page. You might also just try out the mod, it doesn't cost anything after all.

Hello katsulynx.
I can not install it. is a fresh installation and I got this error:
PHP:
Server Error
Undefined variable: _tables
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in KL/LanguageForums/Install.php at line 51
KL_LanguageForums_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sur/public_html/admin.php at line 13
PHP:
#0 /home/sur/public_html/library/KL/LanguageForums/Install.php(51): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/mydomain/publi...', 51, Array)
#1 [internal function]: KL_LanguageForums_Install::install(false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(188): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpbT0D1I')
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "http://xxx.xxx/admin.php?add-ons/install"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Very interesting. Has anyone tried this and has a demo running?
I have tried it, but there seems to be a bug preventing you from creating new language specific nodes (I already reported it last Saturday). Hopefully the problems will be resolved soon. This is a mod that really should be part of the XenForo core feature set.

As soon as I find the time to implement all features listed on the front page. Beside that the addon is stable now though I guess, as there are no open bug reports.

Top Bottom