1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinetic Countdown [Customizable Javascript Countdown] {Paid Version!} [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Kinetic, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Kinetic submitted a new resource:

Kinetic Countdown [Customizable Javascript Countdown] {Paid Version} (version 1.0) - Fully customizable and configurable js countdown with timezone support and choice of locations.

Read more about this resource...

ArnyVee likes this.
  2. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Kinetic updated Kinetic Countdown [Customizable Javascript Countdown] {Paid Version} with a new update entry:

KineticCountdown v1.1 - New styling to box, New "digital" font for digits and more!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

1.1 released, all current buyers should have an email containing a link to the updated zip, any problems post in here or drop me a message!

4. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

You've got a problem with this, as it's not showing the correct time at all.

I have it set to show Miami, 18th March, 11am

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 3.40.46 PM.png

Which tells me at the time I took these snapshots, that the time their is only a couple of hours away, however; the pickem timezone shown in the image which is also set for Miami, 18 Mar, 11am, shows the correct countdown in hours to that time based on my location:

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 3.41.23 PM.png

I did the calculation myself via world time and the pickem one is correct, as well as the world time server. Your countdown is not showing the countdown based on actual worldtime correctly.

Vast difference there of 7 hours between the two.

At present I've offset it into the +UTC in order to correct the time. You aren't linking this into the Xenforo timezone the admin sets? That would screw with it severely and do what it's doing... unless a mistake somewhere. Does it use the actual world time server, like other add-ons?

5. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Yeh i've just noticed an issue with the timezone - offset, leave it with me hopefully have a bugfix released today, apologies for any inconvenience.

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  6. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Kinetic updated Kinetic Countdown [Customizable Javascript Countdown] {Paid Version} with a new update entry:

Bugfix for Timezone offset.

7. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Bugfix released, thanks to Anthony Parsons for bringing it to my attention.

Shelley and Anthony Parsons like this.
  8. Anthony Parsons

Thanks for the quick fix Kinetic.

9. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

No problem Anthony, thanks again for brining it to my attention.

10. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Another option and some fixes!

11. Anthony Parsons

Kinetic, what part of this would be breaking my https? Any pages this loads on breaks https for that page. Disable it, https is fine.

What is this calling too, and can it call a https version in lieu?

12. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Hmm, i'm not quite sure off the top of my head and i am currently away on business. I'll be back tomorrow so will look into it as soon as i have access to my desktop.

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  13. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Bugfixes and compatibility with Xenforo 1.1.4

14. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

I don't have my development forum under a secure connection however i spotted what i think was the issue and am confident everything should be fine for you now. Let me know though if it is still causing issues.

Update has been pushed out to all existing buyers.

15. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Some slight issues with the downloads on the site, i've resent them all now and all should be fine :)

16. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Bugfixes and compatibility with Xenforo 1.1.4

17. Anthony Parsons

18. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

19. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.