Keyword Management (Keyword Replace) [Deleted]

au lait

au lait submitted a new resource:

Keyword Management - Replace keywords with links. Replace words with ToolTips. Ideal for Affilate thanks URL Shorter.

With this addon the admins have the opportunity to set links for individual words, with many options for a single word, to strengthen internal linking.

You can also set tooltips for description or explanations to individual words. These extensive options can be used in Threads, Postings and resources.

Using the function ShortURL makes it possible to generate arbitrary links with an internal target. This makes it possible to maskexternal Affiliate Links, which are usually very...

Read more about this resource...

I really want this but one question though. My site is about aviation which is an industry full of acronyms like ASI (Airspeed Indicator), AMSL (Above Mean Sea Level) etc. So I was wanting to have a section called "Glossary of Acronyms and Terms" where a user can view them all as shown here:
1.webp

So I want to be able to show the Keyword List like this to users i.e. the keywords that you put into this addon can be shown as a list on a page to users...is this possible?

I would like to see this develop into a full scale advertising opportunity... the ability to select a keyword phrase in any post or page from the frontend, sending the buyer off to paypal for payment, and on completion activating.

Selling keywords has a far bigger impact than banner ads... and this is the foundation of such a system.

Anthony, personally I would hate that because there is so much advertising now and my users would hate it and see my site just as a commercial money spinner but I can see it would have merit for many so it would need to be optioned well through settings

"Glossary of Acronyms and Terms" where a user can view them all

I just sent @au lait a conversation suggesting a front-end with a glossary listed in an alphabetical order and some features such as :
  • Include HTML and/or BBCode in pop-ups
  • Include images in the pop-ups
I've been trying to get someone to code a similar Geek Auto Linker (Look at the examples) for sometime now. Hopefully it will be possible with this add-on release :D

Thanks

So I want to be able to show the Keyword List like this to users i.e. the keywords that you put into this addon can be shown as a list on a page to users...is this possible?
A list of keywords is not possible. But an acronym function comes the day yet. Then I'll be thinking of this idea.

I just sent @au lait a conversation suggesting a front-end with a glossary listed in an alphabetical order and some features such as :
I've been trying to get someone to code a similar Geek Auto Linker (Look at the examples) for sometime now. Hopefully it will be possible with this add-on release :D

Thanks
Have answered you.
HTML or BBCode for popups coming soon.
And thus Images

Anthony, personally I would hate that because there is so much advertising now and my users would hate it and see my site just as a commercial money spinner but I can see it would have merit for many so it would need to be optioned well through settings
You don't have to develop it for your site, but he does have a point. This is a foundation of what he stated, and if you could develop this, a few minor tweaks and you have an in house advertising system that you can sell as an addon for even more. Something to think about.

Either way, this addon is awesome.

I would like to see this develop into a full scale advertising opportunity... the ability to select a keyword phrase in any post or page from the frontend, sending the buyer off to paypal for payment,

I´m not realy sure, if i understand you correct, but in my oppinion this works right now exactly in this way. Where is the difference between a normal link and a link into Paypal ?

When i set for example the word Membership as word to put a link on, and put in the backend i put it into the keywordmanager with the link http://www.paypal.com/pay_membership , there will be the link to this Paypal site.

What happens when payed, is out of my experience.

Your addon is great, but I have a suggestion :)

When you move the mouse over the word, popup displays, but it is hidden in part by the cursor, a solution would be to display the popup above the word is not under as now.

popup.gif

The output of the keywords as a list on one side, with the next update, possible. Based on User group rights

HTML is now possible (next update)

When you move the mouse over the word, popup displays, but it is hidden in part by the cursor, a solution would be to display the popup above the word is not under as now.
Did this improves (next update)!

The next update coming today.

au lait updated Keyword Management with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

[add] Short Links can now be used individually. Independently of words.
[add] HTML Code for Tooltips
[add] Display mode for tooltips added to "replace" -> Now the tooltips can be displayed on mouse over, mouse click or word is completely replaced with the text.
[add] Page with a list of the words (based User Group Promotions)
[fixed] Position of the Tooltip

Look at the pictures.
My thanks go to all the users!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok, I have a question about styling. I've attached two screenshots. So when I hover over a linked item the background changes to dark grey. The little box with arrow to the right of the link is no longer visible. Is there a style property for me to change the dark grey highlighting so that the black box with arrow is still visible? Would be nice even if the black box with arrow changed to white upon link hover.

ScreenHunter_149 Feb. 26 10.25.webp
ScreenHunter_150 Feb. 26 10.25.webp

@au lait - This looks great! :) Could you please tell me if it's possible to restrict the auto linking to certain forums? If not, would it be possible to add this feature?

Ok, I have a question about styling. I've attached two screenshots. So when I hover over a linked item the background changes to dark grey. The little box with arrow to the right of the link is no longer visible. Is there a style property for me to change the dark grey highlighting so that the black box with arrow is still visible? Would be nice even if the black box with arrow changed to white upon link hover.
Template: -> In the template "kwm.css" sure you can find what you are looking for :)

@au lait - This looks great! :) Could you please tell me if it's possible to restrict the auto linking to certain forums? If not, would it be possible to add this feature?
Each word / each Tooltop can be irrespectively enabled for certain groups / forums!

See -> View attachment 99396

Ok, I found something curious. After clicking a link, the loading bar on the top right of the page stays there for some reason? The links for the addon "Sticky Navigation" bar do not work either.

ScreenHunter_152 Feb. 26 10.39.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom