Keyword Management (Keyword Replace) [Deleted]

@au lait I am thinking about this addon for AVForums. Often people write acronyms like HDR (High Dynamic Range technology for TVs) and I would like to make them a link which people click to open a model window or HTML tootltip which shows a short explanation of the acronym plus one or two links for more information.
E.g.
HDR High Dynamic Range. Click here for an explanation. Click here for articles tagged with HDR.
Is this possible?

I'd love the ability to import an xml that will overwrite the existing keyword list (not add to it). That way I can download the xml, add new keywords, and just upload the whole thing. :love:

@au lait I am thinking about this addon for AVForums. Often people write acronyms like HDR (High Dynamic Range technology for TVs) and I would like to make them a link which people click to open a model window or HTML tootltip which shows a short explanation of the acronym plus one or two links for more information.
E.g.

Is this possible?

Is this possible?
You can test my add-ons for free -> https://xenmade.com/xmdemo/

You can this - With a link e.g. to Lexicon
Screen_20170213051123.webp

OR with ToolTip

Screen_20170213051212.webp

Its work correctly (first post). see your settings!

ONLY FIRST POST!
In addition, only once per page and post!

Screen_20170213112842.webp

Screen_20170213112932.webp

Nice update. :)

But I suggest a hard missing thing: the possibility to use existing thread titles and there thread messages (limited to adjustable letters count) from selected forum(s) for a automated keyword mode like the one or other know it from old vBulletin days from Vossi's Glossary addon. ;)

Its not to hard to make a own glossary with xenforo and two addons, but I search for a way, to crosslink the thread titles over the forum. So that the thread titles would be viewed as linked keywords in my forums.
upload_2017-2-14_13-8-13.webp

:)

But I suggest a hard missing thing: the possibility to use existing thread titles and there thread messages (limited to adjustable letters count) from selected forum(s) for a automated keyword mode like the one or other know it from old vBulletin days from Vossi's Glossary addon. ;)

Its not to hard to make a own glossary with xenforo and two addons, but I search for a way, to crosslink the thread titles over the forum. So that the thread titles would be viewed as linked keywords in my forums.
View attachment 148211

so the "database" of the glossary will be the list of threads (and content from its first posts) in a specified forum node.
so you're going to have a public glossary and automate the keyword linking.

View attachment 148211

This is going beyond the remit of this addon, isn't it? Doesn't CTA Featured threads do what you want?

Ok. This is stupid but can anyone explain what "[add] Option to replace or not replace the Keyword" does?
It's whether the managed keyword/phrase replaces the text in the users post on your forum (or not).

For example, if your managed keyword is Doggy and you choose to replace the keyword - when your user makes a post:
I took my doggy for a walk today.
'doggy' gets linked and replaced with the managed keyword, so it becomes:
I took my Doggy for a walk today.
Notice how the case of the word has changed because it has been replaced with the one from the managed keyword add-on.

If you choose not to replace the keyword the add-on simply wraps the URL link around the users post text and leaves it unaltered. (y)

so... since the keyword would still remain same, the only thing this option can actually do is change the case right? i was confused on how one can change the actual keyword (word itself) using this option. cheers.

so... since the keyword would still remain same, the only thing this option can actually do is change the case right?
Not just the case, no - the word in the users post on your forum will be replaced with the keyword from the add-on, so could change the case of multiple words. Here's a good visual example of the difference:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...yword-replace-paid.93609/page-10#post-1132967
Left = Replace --- Right = Not replace (just add a link)

so the "database" of the glossary will be the list of threads (and content from its first posts) in a specified forum node.
so you're going to have a public glossary and automate the keyword linking.
Yes (y)(y)(y)- thats what I mean - sorry my bad english. :unsure:

In one or more specific forum(s) I have: threads. The thread titles should be the keywords in my case. Thats what I want.
I can do this at the moment handy:
I made for every "thread" in my glossary (it are only style modded xenforo forums) a new keyword and set the link to the thread from witch I use the keyword.

But thats horrible - I want a automated solution and I think its possible with "a bit" ;) new code for the great Keyword Manager addon.

Doesn't CTA Featured threads do what you want?
CTA FT can crosslink thread titles (and use as hint there post messages) across the forum? Realy? o_O

Last edited:
we want to add a Dictionary & Terminology section to site. It seems this add-on can do it, but there are some important features missing. Do you have any plan to add these things? :
  • keyword Categories (be able to create different dictionaties and then inside each of them, categorize keywords to A B C D etc)
  • a dedicated page for each keyword (so that user be able to enter it)
  • Like, Comment, Reply To Comment, Report etc on keywords in each keyword's page
  • Watch Keyword (and get alert when updated or other commented)
  • Watch Keyword Category (and get alert for newly added keywords on them)
  • Upload attachments for each keyword (so that users be able to download them when reading keyword's description)
  • a Dedicated page for this add-on to show active dictionaries + recent words and top commented and most liked words widgets
(there was an add-on called vbGlossary that was doing most of what we want in vb, years ago)

Top Bottom