XF 2.0 Keyboard shortcuts

ChrisW

I've recently upgrade to xenforo 2 a couple of our mods are asking where the keyboard shortcuts have gone. They used Ctrl-I italicises,. Ctrl-U underline and Ctrl-B bold plus others.

I find the following but can't work out how to assign a new shortcut attribute ?

Kier said:
Keyboard Shortcut System

New for XF2DP10 is a generic keyboard shortcut system, activated by assigning an attribute to any clickable or focusable element in a template.

Once a shortcut is defined, hitting the key or key combination specified will activate the targeted element.

We have already set up some default shortcuts to make navigation easier. These include:
  • M - Open the visitor menu
  • , (Comma) - Open the inbox/conversation menu
  • . (Period/full-stop) - Open the alerts menu
  • / (Forward slash) - Open the search menu (also in Admin control panel)
  • ALT+Z - Open the style chooser
  • ALT+X - Open the language chooser
  • ⌘+ENTER (Mac) or ÿ+ENTER (Windows) Submit the current form while in a <textarea> element (normally, ENTER will submit any form, but while you're in a <textarea>, the ENTER key simply inserts a new line)
Additionally, keys 1 to 0 will activate the corresponding tab (or tab menu) from the primary navigation strip, while ALT+1 to 0 will activate the corresponding item from the sub-navigation strip.

Accessibility for Keyboard Navigation

Along with keyboard shortcuts, we have improved the way that keyboard navigation works with menus and overlays. After a menu is activated, the up and down arrow keys will cycle through the available items in the newly-opened menu. Tab-focus is also moved to newly-opened menus and overlays automatically, so tabbing from the menu or overlay trigger will jump to elements within the newly-opened container.

Additionally, the system automatically detects the current navigation method, and will activate control outlines when keyboard navigation is in use.

The keyboard shortcuts in the editor should still work -- I use them regularly. That's the CTRL+B type thing.

The keyboard shortcut system you're referring to is new but unrelated to the editor. Changing that system would require code/template changes.

Sorry yes the CTRL+B is working, the members are saying with xenforo 1 they could press ALT+S to post a reply. and also they had a shortcut for the smilies.

We no longer use alt+s for form submission as it has a lot of conflicts (and it also varies with browser support). We use ctrl+enter in the rich text editor and textareas.

I don't believe that there's a keyboard shortcut to toggle smilies, though you'd likely need a mouse to insert a particular smilie anyway.

Top Bottom