1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Karma: Smite/Exalt

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Rho Delta, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

This used to be my user's favorite function on our SMF 2.0 board before the conversion and they whine constantly about not having it anymore. I would pay/donate to anyone that creates a working Karma add-on with a karma log (comments for why exalt/smite were given)

2. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

As an adhoc solution - you may want to check out the xenutil mod by 8wayrun. There is an option to promote/demote a post. If you rename those phrases to exalt/smite and allow all usergroups (not just mods/admins) to use it and perhaps not hide content -- that could be a quick and easy solution for you.

3. Rho Delta

That wouldn't keep a karma count though to show which posters post useful stuff and show which posters are known trolls

4. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Isn't that kind of handled by the "Like" system?

5. Rho Delta

No it isn't. The like system only tallies positive responses. I need a system that allows negative responses as well.

6. Daniel Hood

hmm, so what about asking for a dislike addon instead of a whole new smite/exalt system?

7. Rho Delta

They already stated this would never be added in the core, thus my asking for an add on.

8. Daniel Hood

I know, I'm not saying asking for it in the core. I'm saying instead of requesting an addon for exalt/smite, why not ask for a dislike addon instead? So instead of having like and smite and exalt you'd just have like and dislike. I'm also sure that wouldn't be too difficult to make, could just modify the like function. I may even be willing to do it in upcoming weeks. Just kind of busy right now.

9. Rho Delta

As long as I could rename them to smite and exalt then my users would probably go for it.

10. Daniel Hood

I'm not 100% sure but I think that'd be possible with the phrase system.