1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Javascript Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Dynamic, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

I have moved my site to a new server, and I have hotspots by Waindigo running. However, since the move, I am getting this error on the hotspots page - I do not believe it is related to the addon, but an error due to the server config.

Popup Window

The following error occurred
    The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

"XenForo.init() 108ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev" xenforo.js:209
    "PHP <br />
    <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php</b> on line <b>201</b><br />

Does anyone know how to go about fixing this?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your PHP config has a memory_limit of 64M. XenForo likes at least 128M.

Your host or server admin needs to edit the php.ini file on the server to increase that limit. Or add this to your library/config.php file (doesn't always work):

ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
    Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

php_value memory_limit -1
    You can confirm the memory_limit value by visiting admin.php?tools/phpinfo
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That said, it may well be related to the add-on if it's happening on that specific page. It may be using a large amount of memory.
  4. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Thanks for that guys. I added the line of code to config.php and all is working well now. I will go ahead and edit the php.ini file when I get a chance.

5. Market1234

Market1234 Member

I am getting this error now when I search for anything in my admin panel. I am using the latest 1.4.5
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

You didn't specify if you tried the solutions listed above.
    If so, are you on a VPS or shared hosting?
  7. Market1234

Market1234 Member

I did, and it did not work. I am on shared hosting @Tracy Perry perry
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

What does your PHP info page show your memory settings to be currently?
  9. Market1234

Market1234 Member

Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 64M