It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen one vague sentence from Mike saying "development was ongoing" and a personal post from Kier that said absolutely nothing about XF.

What we need to know now is why it's got to this stage. If nothing is wrong then it's ridiculous that it's been let to get to this stage.

It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

I'll try and summarize it.....
  • Version 1.1.2 is out and working perfectly
  • The famous lawsuit that KAM have been battling since the debut of the xF software is still ongoing
  • Mike has commented that development is ongoing for xF version 1.2
That's about it.

Hope that helps.

I think Arny left a few bullet points out as I just got the email from xenfans (interesting read) after seeing shelley has been deleting her graphics which was shortly after noticing that Brogan has left and that thread was deleted. I was still trying to figure out what happened to Kier after his thread a while back. :confused:

Would be nice to know what was happening around here.

Xenfans has been effectively closed for months; and Shelley has explained why she has removed some of her resources, she's moved support for them elsewhere.

I think Arny left a few bullet points out as I just got the email from xenfans (interesting read) after seeing shelley has been deleting her graphics which was shortly after noticing that Brogan has left and that thread was deleted. I was still trying to figure out what happened to Kier after his thread a while back. :confused:

Would be nice to know what was happening around here.

L0L one shouldn't take Floris actions seriously and try to connect dots with xenforo ! This ain't first time he just happened to enjoy the increasing heat on xenforo and gave his another *thought* about how he can help the cause to get better. Shelly i have no clue but i am pretty sure she did explained it earlier in xenforo.

I'll try and summarize it.....
  • Version 1.1.2 is out and working perfectly
  • The famous lawsuit that KAM have been battling since the debut of the xF software is still ongoing
  • Mike has commented that development is ongoing for xF version 1.2
That's about it.

Hope that helps.

I think most people are just worried about the fact that no one from the staff is showing any sort of activity anymore, which you can't blame them for.

I think most people are just worried about the fact that no one from the staff is showing any sort of activity anymore, which you can't blame them for.

Which I can understand them not showing activity, nowhere did it say when you bought a license that Mike and/or Kier had to be on every single day of the week.

Would you believe them if they told you everything is alright? This kind of concern doesn't go away with simple assurance. Right now people want to be concerned. You can't massage that away. People will only stop being concerned when the lawsuit is over.

The best way to show your concern is to contribute in some way. Help people on the forum. Buy extra licenses. But it does little good to ask XF for assurance that they cannot provide. XF cannot assure you of a verdict in the case, and anything short of that will fail to assuage the concern being demonstrated on this forum. Requests for lesser assurances (such as development) are really just avoiding the core issue. Lesser assurances have already been given by K&M, yet the concern persists and has even gotten worse because said assurances were necessarily vague with respect to the core issue of the lawsuit and its implications for XF.

That's cool if you want to be concerned. Post about it. Discuss it. Preferably act on it by supporting the cause. But don't ask for something XF can't provide, and don't pretend that you will settle for something less (e.g. "we just need a small update").

Jake, it just doesn't work like that. People have been asking for months for them to put something in writing here, it's a two way thing and you cannot expect customers to only be the ones showing blind faith all the time. They make it look like they're avoiding wanting to put anything confirmed in writing for some odd reason, and as another person rightly said. Kier spent days converting his own forum, do we need to spell it out?

It's time now, they need to say something one way or another. That much is extremely clear!

So far I've kept myself from replying but I also have some concerns. We are testing Xenforo for a big board but all what's happening lately doens't give me much comfort.
All I would like to know is wether Xenforo will keep developing. I guess it will but a quick statement would help...

Which I can understand them not showing activity, nowhere did it say when you bought a license that Mike and/or Kier had to be on every single day of the week.

While true, not showing your face to your community at all does not inspire confidence. You can try to justify it but it doesn't take away that simple fact.

People being left to guess. I agree.
No, it's people being nosy. Nothing else
What 'right' do you have to know why he resigned (or was let go)? Hey, here's a thought... If you want to know ask him.
The fact is that nobody is owed anything of an explanation here. Snoops and drama queens are going to make what they can out of everything here, but the reality is that this forum owes you nothing

Its called customer service.....
Nonsense, it's called smart business.

In my day I've seen big board admins come and go. I've even had to kick my share of them out when they got power hungry (not that I'm saying Brogan was). In the end, it's always better to keep internal matters internal. Nobody wins with a huge gossip fest. Nobody wins when accusations fly (which inevitably happens when these things come out), nobody wins when people take sides.

Brogan is gone from the position he was in. He was overworked, which probably led to the decision. What actually caused the decision? Only a handful of people know, and only a handful of people need to know. Anything else is just rumor and conjecture. We're not owed an explanation, we're not owed a reason whatsoever

So far I've kept myself from replying but I also have some concerns. We are testing Xenforo for a big board but all what's happening lately doens't give me much comfort.
All I would like to know is wether Xenforo will keep developing. I guess it will but a quick statement would help...

How about big boards folks take a second and think "Would kier move his site over xenforo if there was any other issues with development ?" I mean common if there are slight issues about future of xenforo i bet he wouldn't risk moving his own site either.

They say "getting ahead" of a story is important in the 24/7/365 News cycle.
Xenforo.com epitomizes ignoring that strategy, despite being coaxed to do so for the last 2 years.

Like I said in the old thread, release a point release to shut up all the naysayers. It doesn't have to be fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom