It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bogus

I guess, we as a customer, have the right to know what is going on behind the scenes.

I just see Brogan left XenForo, without giving a clear reason?! Maybe i missed something
Mike is more online at Brogan´s forum then here.
Most of the costumers don´t know whats going on.

You want us to believe in you, you want us to be a xenforo costumer, to buy the software and/or refresh our licenses.

There are so many rumores come up the last few weeks, not only here at XenForo thats it´s time for a clarifying statement by XenForo's

My English may not be the best, sorry for that.
Please no Flames. Some will not like what I wrote, but we have a right to know what's going on.

Edit: Just got a hint that Shelley deleted everything....

The community seems to be on the verge of falling apart. Brogan's gone, Shelley's deleting her addons, Floris is leaving.

There won't be much left if we don't hear something soon and all it would take is a reply from KAM to reassure people.

We need something now.

It's because of threads like these Brogan decided it's time for him to stop doing the voluntary moderating.

He was called a coward for closing such threads, while it makes no sense to leave it open?

Mike has already said that XenForo development is going on as planned, why all the worry and speculation? It's going on unless said other wise.

Well, i just see lot of ppl leaving the, whatever, ship. Many rumors are around. Looks like everyone is in panic. Well i dont give a lot on a few here around that are coming, going, coming and going. Maybe this people should be called... well anyway.
I was always happy to get help and most of the times it was brogan and i appreciate that a lot. To see him leaving xenforo, well it´s hard to explain that in english for me, is a hard blow.

Dont get me wrong, i like xenforo a lot, its one of the best forum software around atm, but when its going on like that, i am worried

Btw CapnLuffy, to get some answers about all these rumors is just something we should ask for.

One small update from anyone would have resolved all of this which is what's so confusing. We don't need details, just a bit of reassurance. If we'd have had that it would have stopped all the trolls and Brogan wouldn't have had to deal with all the rubbish he's had to endure. Instead, the silence just gives the trolls more ammunition and starts to worry everyone else as well.

Kier's had enough time to sit through a massively slow import of SpaceBattles but not managed to post on here and Mike's online more on Brogan's forum than he is here so surely someone could say something?

It's almost as if there's something legal preventing them from commenting on the status of xenforo which is even more worrying. I'd settle from crappy customer service over that.

Well, brogan was so far the only Mod i saw. Getting a "Burnout" was just a matter of time, also because the community get´s bigger, also with people who, sometimes, do not now how to behave. This happens everywhere, but´s no reason to leave..

I guess, we as a customer, have the right to know what is going on behind the scenes.

I just see Brogan left XenForo, without giving a clear reason?! Maybe i missed something
Mike is more online at Brogan´s forum then here.
Most of the costumers don´t know whats going on.

You want us to believe in you, you want us to be a xenforo costumer, to buy the software and/or refresh our licenses.

There are so many rumores come up the last few weeks, not only here at XenForo thats it´s time for a clarifying statement by XenForo's

My English may not be the best, sorry for that.
Please no Flames. Some will not like what I wrote, but we have a right to know what's going on.

Edit: Just got a hint that Shelley deleted everything....

I had no way of supporting my resources since I've been in moderation for the past week (which I accepted) roll past a week it's impossible to provide support for my resources if people need help so I've left a variety of packs intact whilst the more active packs needing support will be supported at my site or the source files (full vectored sold off). Since my name got mentioned.

Not complaining, if I can't support the majority of resources then people will be left wondering what takes so long or why support related questions may go without a response.

Nothing against xenforo, I've left a vast majority intact

Would you believe them if they told you everything is alright? This kind of concern doesn't go away with simple assurance. Right now people want to be concerned. You can't massage that away. People will only stop being concerned when the lawsuit is over.

The best way to show your concern is to contribute in some way. Help people on the forum. Buy extra licenses. But it does little good to ask XF for assurance that they cannot provide. XF cannot assure you of a verdict in the case, and anything short of that will fail to assuage the concern being demonstrated on this forum. Requests for lesser assurances (such as development) are really just avoiding the core issue. Lesser assurances have already been given by K&M, yet the concern persists and has even gotten worse because said assurances were necessarily vague with respect to the core issue of the lawsuit and its implications for XF.

That's cool if you want to be concerned. Post about it. Discuss it. Preferably act on it by supporting the cause. But don't ask for something XF can't provide, and don't pretend that you will settle for something less (e.g. "we just need a small update").

Jake, that would be the case if nothing had changed but both Mike and Kier are AWOL and now Brogan's left. There must be a reason why we haven't had any official response but we don't know what it is which is why people are worried.

Right now, any sort of assurance would help the situation.

Since when? Where specifically is this right spelled out? Please, provide exact references to documents that state the customer has the right to know everything going on behind the scenes of a single company. I'd love to see this one.

Yeah, you missed the part where it was nunya

I'm not surprised Brogan left , he was doing a ton of work for just one person. If this was, in fact a volunteer position, well, he made the right call. Keeping a place like this under control can be crazy at best.
I will say that I was a little worried when I got a ton of alerts saying Shelley deleted her resources, but, again, with what she's just posted, that's understandable. Those will need to be cleaned up and removed, eventually, unfortunately, but that's on someone else.

Too often people on the internet lead to speculation, rumors and conjecture. Try to keep that out of things, and try to avoid starting them, or participating in them. Right now, all we know is that 1 person has left, 1 has removed resources (for a valid reason). That's not the end of the XF world, by any means.

Its not only that a "few" Users are leaving its the whole package why i wrote that topic

Edit: Ahh someone was a bit faster ;)

I hope Brogan can now use his time to enjoy things that make him happy. He spent far too much time volunteering on this site, IMO. The poor guy has been the face of this place for some time and has taken the brunt of everything. Good for him for doing what he needs to do to keep his sanity.

On another note, I have no idea what's going on with XenForo recently. One of the main problems are the people who are on the extreme end of things. You have those fan boys who would lick **** off the bottom of Kier and Mike's boots and then the haters who just can't ever seem to find any good in XenForo. These people clash and constantly cause problems. IMO, people on both ends need to get warnings and banned, not just the haters.

Anyway, I run a hobby site. I have no financial gain from it at this time, it's just something I do for fun. However, I can understand how those whose business depends on XenForo's success need information pertinent to the development of their own business. At the same time, those who are like me can easily just keep running the XenForo software happily on our sites. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom