Is Xenforo good for a small community?

symakhan

Hey Guys

I have a blog website and want to start a discussion board. I've been looking at many different software options and am interested in Xenforo. As you know, Xenforo is a great piece of software. It's lightweight, fast, and has a large community. It's simple to use and easy to customize. Xenforo is the perfect platform for starting a discussion board. It gives you everything you need to get started and grow your community. The software also scales well as your community grows. The Xenforo team is also very responsive to bugs and issues. According to public reviews, it is one of the most stable and well-supported software. It also has a very active development community. However, before taking any practical steps, I want to ask a few questions about this software.

How is the support?

How easy is it to use?

Is it easy to customize?

What are the pros and cons of using Xenforo?

Where can I get coupons and deals for Xenforo? Is there any website that offers such things?

Lee

How is the support?

How easy is it to use?

Is it easy to customize?

What are the pros and cons of using Xenforo?

Where can I get coupons and deals for Xenforo? Is there any website that offers such things?

Yes, perfect.

Great support.

Very easy from both a technical and user point of view.

Yes.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to customise, good user engagement, decent out of the box features, stability, not a single security concern that I can remember
Cons: Is there any? :D

You cannot get coupons.

PatriotGB

I started my small forum 6 months ago with XenForo. All on my dime. And WORTH IT.

While I have participated in many forums for 3 decades now, I never created my own.... until 6 months ago.

I found the process quite easy. And, XenForo is very customizable. Do a little as you go along. Don't overwhelm yourself.

From what I could research, nothing compares to XenForo.

You'll also find great support from the company AND from this helpful forum.

Thumbs up from me.

Thumbs Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Mendalla

Small community here. Perfect tool for it, I find. Lots of capability for a reasonable spend. And quite capable of handling growth if/when it comes.

Pros

Lots of customization can be done out of the box simply with settings, but there's the ability to edit templates, or use add-ons and the API if you need more
Basic setup (e.g. creating nodes, editing navigation, etc.) is relatively easy once you've done it once or twice
Good ecosystem, with lots of prebuilt styles and add-ons to use and a good base of third party developers and other services
Good editor. Froala beats the more barebones (hell, almost skeletal in one case) editors on some other sites I use hands down.

Cons

Has finicky bits but I haven't found software yet that doesn't
A few gaps but generally they can be filled with add-ons

Neutral

Some experience messing with software is generally a good idea (it's not for technophobes, let's put it that way), but you certainly don't need to be an IT geek like me or a programmer to admin and even mod Xenforo.

Last edited:

STIJL

Xenforo would be perfect for a small community, all communities start small; if your community grows to be a whale your issues are usually web hosting related or a completely different animal. Having an excellent foundation like Xenforo is a serious plus, I’ve worked with countless community forums since 1998 and many of those software developers are now empty shells with lumpy to no support.

Xenforo is actively supported by it’s developers and energized community owners, you’ll always have a path if you run into problems.

Bottom line, there is no better community forum software than Xenforo.