Is this possible?

Venice A Fulton

I'm keen to set up a forum that mirrors what I see on the Dukan Diet website:

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/340-the-forums-community.html

I want a simple, clutter-free forum, which is branded with my company's style through every page (company colours and a book cover as a general theme). Is this possible with Xenforo, especially for someone with few IT skills?

Perhaps someone even knows what software or set up the Dukan Diet forum uses.

Thanks,

Venice

As ShadyX said, just a case of mapping colours really from it and using the colour changer in XenForo to duplicate it. If it was me personally, I'd use a screen-shot program to take a picture of that forum, or sections of it saved as PSD or PNG. Then open it with Photoshop and use the colour picker in it to get the HEX/RGB colours for mapping over into XenForo.

Thanks ShadyX and mrGTB.

Right, so flipping colours around is easy. My main concern is the overall look. That particular forum has a nice big space at the top to put a kind of permanent banner - is that possible?

And, the relative width of their site is narrower, which to my eyes, looks easier to read. Is that also possible?

Apologies for my apparent stupidity. I'm trying to de-mystify everything so I never have niggling doubts. I've been warned away from vDeck, and have only found Xenforo due to extensive Googling. I've noticed that many forum comparison sites are in fact giant paid advertisements. The choice of forums is ridiculous, and I'm keen to keep stuff very simple.

Cheers,

Venice

That particular forum has a nice big space at the top to put a kind of permanent banner - is that possible?

XenForo comes with many "Ads Templates" you can use to display adverts in most areas you choose, including the header top right-side. In fact, there are that many you won't even use them all if you tried.

Top Bottom