XF 2.2 Is there any way for me to use google index api?

probably post in the custom development request forum.

because this is not a native feature of xenforo. this is not even a feature aimed at forums though i suppose if you use your forum for job postings, it might have a valid case. though people have used this feature with regular blog posts to get instant inclusion in google search results. google might notice the abuse of the system and might penalize these kind of sites.

so an addon could probably make use of this on posting of a new thread i imagine.

probably post in the custom development request forum.

because this is not a native feature of xenforo. this is not even a feature aimed at forums though i suppose if you use your forum for job postings, it might have a valid case. though people have used this feature with regular blog posts to get instant inclusion in google search results. google might notice the abuse of the system and might penalize these kind of sites.

so an addon could probably make use of this on posting of a new thread i imagine.
Do you mean that if an addon uses this feature, there is a risk of being penalized right?
Oh, thank you so much you make me think again

i am just stating that every feature that google launches, tends to get abused which results in some kind of a reaction by google.

google states that this feature is currently aimed at specific kinds of publications where instant indexing is required:

Currently, the Indexing API can only be used to crawl pages with either JobPosting or BroadcastEvent embedded in a VideoObject. For websites with many short-lived pages like job postings or livestream videos, the Indexing API keeps content fresh in search results because it allows updates to be pushed individually.

but they also say: The Indexing API allows any site owner to directly notify Google when pages are added or removed.

it is definitely being used by people operating regular websites. there are guides available online on how to use this on wordpress. google might ignore api usage by sites that are not in compliance with the program. i imagine there is no harm in trying if you can get a developer to code an addon for this.

Sitemap ping is deprecated, but sitemaps are still officially supported via robots.txt and Search Console. I wouldn't be surprised if Google attempted to locate a sitemap without either one, and they'll index a site without any sitemap at all.

The index API requires authentication and seems to be designed for ephemeral content where the immediate state would influence whether users would be interested in the result at all (job postings, streams), rather than long-form content.

Reactions: ENF
yes, I agree with you!
robots.txt works, but not as expected, google bot can ignore it & crawl unwanted areas, when bot finds out duplicate content, it removes tons of links out of index, even 1 block rules can hurt the whole web. I had a web that government were blocking every week, I had to change domain every week & redirecting them to new, that was not enough, had to get new domain to top 3, had enough experience, right now, I can not solve duplicate content via robots, it simply does not work.
the only way to create mass canonical addon for XF, but forum structure is build differently,
sending sitemap to google via webmaster tools is not actually the same as indexing api, it works faster

yes, I agree with you!
robots.txt works, but not as expected, google bot can ignore it & crawl unwanted areas, when bot finds out duplicate content, it removes tons of links out of index, even 1 block rules can hurt the whole web. I had a web that government were blocking every week, I had to change domain every week & redirecting them to new, that was not enough, had to get new domain to top 3, had enough experience, right now, I can not solve duplicate content via robots, it simply does not work.
the only way to create mass canonical addon for XF, but forum structure is build differently,
sending sitemap to google via webmaster tools is not actually the same as indexing api, it works faster
Indexing api is limited to submission of jobs or live broadcast only. + I think only 200 requests are allowed by default per day.

Not really of much use for any normal case scenarios and hence not worth the time to build it within xenForo.🤷‍♂️

Not worth to build is a word of Pessimist! when you have forum with 150k threads & million posts, you will defenityly change your mind,
Facts that can not be denied: everybody can go to google webmsater tool, look at the pages, indexing goes to less, everyday!
when you wake up, it will be too late to fix it. because of some pessimists. you will need years to index pages via simple way!

when it comes to search engines, everything should be done & created! we are living to make world better, are not we?

when you wake up, it will be too late to fix it. because of some pessimists. you will need years to index pages via simple way!
First go and try to get Google index API approval from Google. If your website URL keep changing you have to get approval every time with domain change and see how quickly you will be denied as your domain name is new for google.

Last edited:
Top Bottom