1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to restore a user?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by jonsidneyb, Mar 31, 2012.

1. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I think I caused one to vanish from the forum.

2. jonsidneyb

The migration had just been done and the forum had not been reopened yet. The migration took I think about 12 hours. I was changing some people in their user groups and I deleted someone. :(

3. jonsidneyb

I looked and found their threads. They have their user name on the posts but they are labeled as guest.

I don't know if this bit of information helps any.

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Have you looked in the post table to see if there is a USER ID value for this person's posts?

Presumably the user account has been deleted but everything else is still there - posts/threads etc.? If so, you may be able to simply manually recreate the user account in the user table (with that ID) and that would fix it.

Anyone able to confirm if this is possible?

Thanks,
    Shaun :D

5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Give my suggestion at this thread a try.

Restore a Deleted User Account?

6. jonsidneyb

Thanks,

I was looking at that. I noticed the other person didn't post if it worked or not.

7. borbole

Maybe he forgot to post an update. But the queries will work for sure.

SchmitzIT and CyclingTribe like this.
  8. jonsidneyb

Thanks a bunch. You don't happen to know what to do for messages do you?

borbole likes this.
  9. borbole

For the private messages you mean? Atm I do not have the free time needed to look into it.

10. jonsidneyb

Thanks, what you have provided is very appreciated./

borbole likes this.
  11. borbole

You are welcome :)

12. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Actually, they failed. There's no "s" at the end of the xf_thread and xf_post tables ;)

13. SchmitzIT

I would assume that when a user is deleted, though, all user-related tables (profiles, options, privacy, and pms) will have the proper lines for the user deleted as well (proper line being their part of the messages, for instance. If I started a message with someone and the user then gets deleted, I'd assume my original message will still be available for me). The threads and posts are different in that respect, as they are public, and part of the site anyone would be able to see.

borbole likes this.
  14. borbole

Ah, it was a typo, thanks for bringing it to my attention. But I do not see a reason for failing as that is very catchable 'mistake'.

15. jonsidneyb

My user is back.

CyclingTribe likes this.
  16. SchmitzIT

True, and it was spotted easily enough :)

borbole likes this.