Is it normal?

Kaiser

I have been making forums for a while now, in my time of making them I have been hacked once (defaced). So I have this phobia and fear of always getting hacked now.. lol I worry like everyday if I will just go to my website to only find it defaced again. I have very strong secure passwords for my important things like my hosting CP, paypal, email, my site's login, etc. But im still scared of getting hacked. Have you ever been hacked? Is it normal?

RFI hackerbots are attacking forums 24/7/365, so if your server security is weak you will be hacked.

Run a software firewall.

If your script has holes in it like the recent vBulletin 3.8.6 FAQ vulnerability you can bet on it, you will be hacked, I have busted 100's of hackers running that command line, some of them are still running it, I banned one just last week.
Yea Ik about the vb 3.8.6 exploits and I use fatcow for hosting, it think they are pretty secure.

To Blandt it is as easy as pushing a button (install stop forum spam module) and don't worry be happy !! :mad:

PS: If you are on a shared server, you better ask your host if they are running mod_security firewall on that system.

LMAO hhaha ... I have replied on purpose just for you Anthony :D

@Torrez
I will post some good material for you to read :)

My host is suppose to provide it right? Yea if it is I dont think they give us access? why is it something important?

If you are on Dedicated Servers/VPS Yes they are suppose to provide you one . In shared hosting you need to talk to them for it.

I just don't have a lot of faith in companies that oversell hosting.
That's all.

Over that it's never Unlimited Bandwith on shared hosting's it's just saying i have been asked to move my sites many times when bandwith was increasing slowly .

Are there any applications to do that? So the server im on is not secure?

no no .. I mean you do not have to worry about firewalls , iptables .... (that's what I was going to post for you)

Your data is exposed either because of your server's configuration, or because your application has some security holes.

no no .. I mean you do not have to worry about firewalls , iptables .... (that's what I was going to post for you)

Your data is exposed either because of your server's configuration, or because your application has some security holes.
ahh ok, cleared up a big confusion
For starters, use different passwords for everything!
I use a different passwords for every database I have.
I also use http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/ to come up with random characters.
Yea my passwords are all secure as well.

Top Bottom