IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

http://internal32.invisionpower.com/

Monumental improvement on the clunky chunky jackbooting 3.1 series.... lots of new toys... and lots of new slimmed down design features.... Many of which look ...erm...somewhat familiar ;)

Wonderful to see how a little genuine competition can lift the bar so much, 3.2 is going to be a very popular version I am sure, which should add another nail in the coffin of the tired old software that has for a number of years misguidedly been touting it's self as the "leading" forum software.

Been using the site earlier today, I've got mixed views about it. I'm not blown away by what I've seen, but I do think the CKEditor is miles better than the TinyMCE used here. Also, it would suit XenForo a lot better style wise because it looks more modern and actually would blend in very well with the more modern look XenForo has, very unlike how TinyMCE does here and kind of spoils things I'd say.

Monumental improvement on the clunky chunky jackbooting 3.1 series.... lots of new toys... and lots of new slimmed down design features.... Many of which look ...erm...somewhat familiar ;)

Wonderful to see how a little genuine competition can lift the bar so much, 3.2 is going to be a very popular version I am sure, which should add another nail in the coffin of the tired old software that has for a number of years misguidedly been touting it's self as the "leading" forum software.

It does look awfully familiar I'll be honest. But I'll give them that they have definitely improved and made it more slim lined. There's still tons (especially in the usercp, amongst other areas) that takes many clicks to accomplish an action where on xenforo it's one click and done. With regards to the other touting they are leaders, i think with ipb making good progress and xenforo leading the way in innovating forum software they're days are truly numbered.

edit: And they removed the threadmarkers/legend. That was def welcomed.

With regards to the other touting they are leaders, i think with ipb making good progress and xenforo leading the way in innovating forum software there days are truly numbered.

Couldn't agree more with you on that one, vBulletin really are getting left behind now because of the default style they use for vB4. Which still looks boxy, clunky and has that old look vB3 has. Style wise (not feature wise), vBulletin 4 is heading in the wrong direction and need to see that.

Now if they did a huge overhaul on the admincp I might consider using that perpetual license thats been collecting dust for many years now.

XF is the innovation leader ... the like system and trophy system are divine. :)

XF is the innovation leader ... the like system and trophy system are divine. :)

Indeed! :)

One thing I do like about the IPB 3.2 is the profile.. best I have seen yet I have to say, although the "wall" concept is of course a straight FB copy, but the neatness and UI is spot on in that area.

IPB 3.2 is probably better than vB4.

No probably, It's definitely better than vb4 to the point it would be a crime to even compare them both.

Another thing I like about IPB 3.2 and suggested this via a tweet months ago is the removal of the threadmarker legend. They did both so that gets a mega thumbsup from me. They are heading in the right direction, Matt and charles treat their customers well which is something I don't think anyone can argue with.

Have you seen the members list in IPB 3.2. I did like how the A,B,C letters are positioned like phone book tabs down the left side. That looked pretty neat.

Do you have to reg a new account or can you login with your regular IPB account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom