XF 1.2 Ipad Last Read

lostincable

Hi all, I am unable to validate this myself as I don't have an Ipad / IOS device.

But I am hearing from my user base that with the latest RC of 1.2 if a thread has pictures in it over multiple pages when you access the thread rather than take you to the latest post it takes you to the latest set of images.

Is anyone on an IOS device able to validate this or seen it already?

Cheers!

Thanks for checking, Matt.

Looks like the iPad is the only product that has this bug. It will not scroll to the correct anchor point when images without the height data are in posts before the anchor point.

Thanks for checking, Matt.

Looks like the iPad is the only product that has this bug. It will not scroll to the correct anchor point when images without the height data are in posts before the anchor point.

Ok so we are chalking this up to an IOS bug and not something Xenforo can do anything about?

What you are considering a bug is most likely due to being on a slower internet connection, where it loads the HTML and can scroll to the proper post, and then it loads the image and inserts it, moving the initial position of the post.

What you are considering a bug is most likely due to being on a slower internet connection, where it loads the HTML and can scroll to the proper post, and then it loads the image and inserts it, moving the initial position of the post.

I'm on a 30Mbps connection. I suggest you borrow an iPad so you can confirm this bug.

It's a pretty annoying bug because the New Posts feature will not work correctly, it will show you posts you have already read, assuming there are images in the thread.

My previous post stands on any system. It's down to the order the browser chooses to render it and scroll. I don't need to borrow an iPad.

Just trying to understand but this is an IOS issue?

I have just tried a different browser and get the same results.

Just want to clarify what the issue actually is?

I just tried the link below on the iPhone and iPad and both took me to the incorrect post. It should have gone to post #10 but the iPad takes me to post #5 and the iPhone to post #6.

So yes it's an iOS/Safari bug. Note all browsers in the iOS environment run under Safari. So when you try for example Chrome for the iPad, it's really just running under Safari and the same bug happens.

Here is a test link that should always scroll to post #10:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/#post-539959

The anchor bug only exists when the image height tag information is missing. It is normal on forum software to not include the image height and width information so it can easily resize the image if you change the browser window.

Last edited:
Top Bottom