Fixed iOS 13 can’t enter search term

Also currently affects Chrome and Safari on iOS 13.1 through beta 4.

iOS 13.1 public release will be out in the next couple hours, will have to see if that fixes it.

Our members using iOS 13.x are reporting the same. I have no iOS devices so I can't confirm first-hand.

When you tap the searchfield you need to tap it a few times, then it become active...

Attachments

• 563CE74C-B896-45C2-ADBA-137D9D36C739.webp
    563CE74C-B896-45C2-ADBA-137D9D36C739.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 17
Soooooooo, what you're saying is that you can reconfirm, the reconfirm, of the reconfirm, of the reconfirm, of the confirm. That this issue exists and a triple tap will allow focus of the search box.

Can anyone confirm?

This is also the issue when you have Tapatalk installed, only tapa link works and i can't activate the button for a browser to continue. :oops:
EF513E5C-DC15-4139-9A12-8B6AFFAA3127.png

Last edited:
While we may be able to fix or workaround the search input issue, I can’t imagine that a fix or workaround would resolve the Tapatalk issue so you will need to contact them for support.

Very likely unrelated to this issue.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.5).

Change log:
Back out of a few older iOS workarounds which seem to only be applicable to very old versions of iOS related to inputs within fixed elements in order to fix some issues these cause with iOS 13.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom