Invite all of you to try out new addon: XenGallery

sonnb

Dear all,

I would like to invite you to try out my new addon XenGallery at URL: http://www.sonnb.com/gallery/
This addon has been started since February but I am too busy with other tasks so could not able to complete the first version earlier. And you might know that Chris had released a Media addon earlier last month.

So what could this addon does? It uses the modern interface if you see somehow a little bit similar to Pinterest, as a first version, it could do:
- Create albums with photos
- Set custom privacy for Albums/Photos wherever who could view/comment on your Albums and Photos. For Albums you could set who can add photos to your albums.
- Built in with default album type: Profile Album and Mobile Upload Album (depends on whatever you are online on).
- Photo tagging with facebook-like styles. User could set privacy in their account to allow who can tag them and they would be asked for confirmation each time they get tagged or they could enable direct tagging that do not ask for their confirmation.
- User could set default privacy values for new albums and photos.
- NewsFeed if someone posted new albums/photos/comments or was tagged.
- Alert system ready.
- Photo Exif ready. Auto read photo's exif data (if available). Exif data would be shown in photo view with some detail information: Camera model/Location/Focal Length/ISO speed... you could see all important exif data by click on detail information as you could see in Flickr.
- Album list and photo list are auto grid and auto load new pages so just scroll down to see more item, no more manual click on pages.
- Photos with same location would be available on that specific location page
- Photos with same camera would be available on that specific camera page with some camera's information.
- Limitation per usergroup.
- In photo view, you are able to:
  • Move photo to another albums.
  • Tagging people.
  • Rotate photo.
  • Edit photo privacy.
  • Make photo as album cover (shown in album list).
  • Download photo (full/original).
  • Set photo as your avatar.
  • Navigate to next/previous photo by keyboard narrow or click on navigation icon.
  • See a list of photos that currently in this album.
  • Like photo.
  • Report photo
  • Comment
- In album view, you are able to:
  • Tag people to this album.
  • Add photo to this album.
  • Add location where this album was taken.
  • Like album.
  • Comment.
  • Report.
  • Edit album privacy
.... and more are in development.

As a first version, it might contains some issues where you could face with, please help me to report it. This addon would be available on RM once it gets into stable state.

For testing phase, as the limitation of server, you could:
- Create 5 albums. 20 photos per album
- Maximum 1MB per file.
- Maximum resolution is: 1920x1080.

There are some demo pictures:

upload_2013-6-18_23-23-13.webp

upload_2013-6-18_23-23-57.webp

upload_2013-6-18_23-25-3.webp
upload_2013-6-18_23-29-10.webp

upload_2013-6-18_23-30-4.webp

upload_2013-6-18_23-32-37.webp

Last edited:
Dear all,

I would like to invite you to try out my new addon XenGallery at URL: http://www.sonnb.com/gallery/
This addon has been started since February but I am too busy with other tasks so could not able to complete the first version earlier. And you might know that Chris had released a Media addon earlier last month.

So what could this addon does? It uses the modern interface if you see somehow a little bit similar to Pinterest, as a first version, it could do:
- Create albums with photos
- Set custom privacy for Albums/Photos wherever who could view/comment on your Albums and Photos. For Albums you could set who can add photos to your albums.
- Built in with default album type: Profile Album and Mobile Upload Album (depends on whatever you are online on).
- Photo tagging with facebook-like styles. User could set privacy in their account to allow who can tag them and they would be asked for confirmation each time they get tagged or they could enable direct tagging that do not ask for their confirmation.
- User could set default privacy values for new albums and photos.
- NewsFeed if someone posted new albums/photos/comments or was tagged.
- Alert system ready.
- Photo Exif ready. Auto read photo's exif data (if available). Exif data would be shown in photo view with some detail information: Camera model/Location/Focal Length/ISO speed... you could see all important exif data by click on detail information as you could see in Flickr.
- Album list and photo list are auto grid and auto load new pages so just scroll down to see more item, no more manual click on pages.
- Photos with same location would be available on that specific location page
- Photos with same camera would be available on that specific camera page with some camera's information.
- Limitation per usergroup.
- In photo view, you are able to:
  • Move photo to another albums.
  • Tagging people.
  • Rotate photo.
  • Edit photo privacy.
  • Make photo as album cover (shown in album list).
  • Download photo (full/original).
  • Set photo as your avatar.
  • Navigate to next/previous photo by keyboard narrow or click on navigation icon.
  • See a list of photos that currently in this album.
  • Like photo.
  • Report photo
  • Comment
- In album view, you are able to:
  • Tag people to this album.
  • Add photo to this album.
  • Add location where this album was taken.
  • Like album.
  • Comment.
  • Report.
  • Edit album privacy
.... and more are in development.

As a first version, it might contains some issues where you could face with, please help me to report it. This addon would be available on RM once it gets into stable state.

For testing phase, as the limitation of server, you could:
- Create 5 albums. 20 photos per album
- Maximum 1MB per file.
- Maximum resolution is: 1920x1080.

There are some demo pictures:

View attachment 49239

View attachment 49240

View attachment 49241
View attachment 49243

View attachment 49244

View attachment 49245

Mmmm..nice photos. :P

I've never felt the need of of a gallery since an integration of external providers suites me well and I only have a share hosting plan, but this feature interests me for a future project:
Photo Exif ready. Auto read photo's exif data (if available). Exif data would be shown in photo view with some detail information: Camera model/Location/Focal Length/ISO speed... you could see all important exif data by click on detail information as you could see in Flickr.
Could you provide a demo of this feature please?

Last edited:
Top Bottom