1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Gabby, May 6, 2012.

1. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Good Morning!
    Wow I'm inlove with xenforo. After several years of VB I've kind of had it. I'm ok with front end admin but not ok with installation. I know you offer installation but it says that you don't do the PHP admin part. Can you tell me if you can do that part for an additional cost or point me in the direction of someone who can help me of course for a fee.

Also, is there a way to add custom fields to registration process? I did not see this in the demo but I could have looked over it

Thank you Kindly

Gabby

Floris likes this.
  2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

06-05-2012 9-36-48.png

3. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Ah sorry. I didn' see that. :D

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Normally your host or server person would install PHP for you, unless you are managing your own server in which case you need to do it yourself. I have never seen this offered as an additional service. Though you might be able to hire a third party to do it:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/third-party-service-offers.42/

5. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Hello Jake,
    Thank you . Yes I use Arvixe and of course the have PHP, I just don't know how to do all the config and quite frankly I don't want to learn as I already of more on my plate than I need. Is installation pretty straight forward?

Thank you

Gabby

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did your host provide you a hosting control panel like CPanel or Plesk? The installer will need the MySQL info which can be setup in your hosting control panel. Otherwise they can probably take care of it if you just give them the login info for your control panel.

If you already have the MySQL info and you want to install the software yourself then here is a detailed install guide for beginners:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/install-guide.380/

Floris likes this.
  7. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

thank you darlin' :)