XF 1.2 Importing vBulletin Blogs into XenForo 1.2

Mike Fara

The 1.2 importer is great, but as far as I can tell, it does not address the blog issue.

With a XenForo database already established, and data already imported from vBulletin, what is the best way to import blog entries (potentially into threads?) Thanks.

I read somewhere that LN Blogs had a thread importer. From there you can upgrade LN Blogs to XI Blogs.

Personally I have contracted a developer to create a thread importer for XI Blogs.

XenForo importers only import data that it has a valid place for. Since it has no native blogs, it doesn't attempt to import the data.

Try the add-on instead of the new core importer in 1.2. Although most seem to be equal, there are differences and the add-on brings a blog import option. Probably it will create threads in a forum/category:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-vb4-x-importer-and-add-on.55985/#post-596677
While the option is there, I fear it may be too late: Like I said all other data has already been imported and completed using the default importer. It looks like this requires usergroup and other steps before I can get to Blogs. Is there a danger of running again, even though the import is basically complete and much new activity is taking place? I would, of course, try to merge the users into the existing ones, but I don't know if I'll be creating duplicates here or overwriting existing data.

You can't run an import on top of an import, you will end up with duplicate data.

The only way really would be to do the import again but you would have to revert to the original database and would lose any recently created content.

Better to re-activate the blogs section of the old site and just copy over the data I need with this being the case. If there was a quick script to simply pull that data and assign it a username and forum, that would be fantastic. Until then I will go through it manually. Thank you @Brogan.

You can't run an import on top of an import, you will end up with duplicate data.

The only way really would be to do the import again but you would have to revert to the original database and would lose any recently created content.
@Waindigo.... Does your import tools add on allow imports over the top of imports? I'm sure it allows you to just carry on where you left off? Sorry to drag up and old thread but I'm looking to migrate blogs as well.

Top Bottom