XF 2.1 Importing from phpbb 3.2 - conversations

koraldon

I have run the import from phpbb 3.2 and from a quick look it looks fine except one issue - The conversations didn't carry over and each single message now appears as a new conversation.
Any suggestion how to fix this?

From what I remember this happened with vBulletin.

What I did (after discovering this in a test import) was to tell everyone what was going to happen and suggest they export their conversations and start over. (There was an export conversation feature in vBulletin, also is as an addon in xenforo. I don't know about phpbb)

But hopefully someone may come along with an elegant solution...

From what I remember this happened with vBulletin.

What I did (after discovering this in a test import) was to tell everyone what was going to happen and suggest they export their conversations and start over. (There was an export conversation feature in vBulletin, also is as an addon in xenforo. I don't know about phpbb)

But hopefully someone may come along with an elegant solution...
phpBB does apparently have export for PMs, based on looking at their official site in the PMs section.
I'm not sure what version that's been in there since so I don't know if it's been around a while or a recent addition.
Basically go to your PM inbox and at the bottom you click "Export as CSV (Excel)" in the "Export this view" dropdown and click "Go" and it will download a list of all of your PMs.

Attachments

• phpbb-export-csv.webp
    phpbb-export-csv.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
Basically go to your PM inbox and at the bottom you click "Export as CSV (Excel)" in the "Export this view" dropdown and click "Go" and it will download a list of all of your PMs.
I'd highly recommend this.

A couple of users may whinge and moan, but it won't be long before they realise the change to xenForo was worth it

Thanks for the tip - I assume there is no option to import in XF?
Any way, the question is if to remove all pm’s prior to migration after giving the users a head’a up?

Top Bottom