XF 1.3 Importing customavatars and attachments 503 error

Ocean44

When I click the "Import Custom Avatars" and "Import Attached Files" buttons in the Importer I get a 503 error.
I think this is because the paths I used are not correct.

I know what they should be now, but is there way to correct the paths that I entered and try those steps again? I can't seem to get back to that page.
Where are those paths stored if I changed them from what was pulled from my vB? Can I change them wherever they are stored?

The data is stored in a binary object in the database, I can't really recommend editing directly. The only real way to restart an import is to reinstall or revert to a pre-import backup.

I don't know if the 503 is from the path being incorrect. It can be down to a number of things, most likely some sort of server limit (mod_security, short timeout/script killer) or a misconfiguration (causing PHP to crash, for example). It's worth a shot with the correct value, but I'm not positive it will help.

OK, I'll try again with my pre-import backup.
The 503 error is immediate and I was able to import avatars and attachments on a previous try, no problem.
The pain is that the users import takes 1.5 hours.

Seems you were right about paths not being the problem. With the correct path, I still get 503 error. With an intentionally wrong path, I get
"Error
The attachments directory could not be found.
The avatars directory could not be found."

This import already worked fine once. Any tips on investigating or solving this 503 error?
cPanel error log just says "File not found"
I see PHP has these settings: max_execution_time 120, max_input_time 180 , but the 503 error is immediate.

If the error is immediate, I'd have to guess PHP is crashing. Your web server error log may have some more details.

If it worked before, has anything changed on your server in the meantime?

Top Bottom