1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Fix Importing an addon problems (phrase map rebuild)

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by addaco, Apr 29, 2011.

1. addaco

addaco Member

Hi.

I installed about 5 or so addons with no problems on my site. Unusually, I installed an addon and it failed to install today. when It was rebuildig cahces it says an error message, then redirects me to another page that describes this info:
    any addon I install / uninstall I get this error. I'm guessing that theres a problem with the tables in mysql db but I am not sure how to fix this. I dont think / know I did anything to cause this

Many thanks

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't legitimately know if this is a bug, but it's related to inserting into the phrase map, and I haven't seen this error there before, so I'm moving this to bugs.

The phrase title in question is "Quote" and we don't usually use phrase titles with capitals, so I suspect that's related.

3. addaco

addaco Member

ahh, I think I know what I did. sorry for the troubles.... (its not a xenforo bug, its a bug in my brain)

I renamed the reply phrase to quote to change it for my members. Shows my level of expertise :p

Going to fix the phrase and see if it makes a difference

EDIT: is there a place where I can download the en lang xml

4. addaco

addaco Member

ahh, I think I fixed it by rebuilding master data via /install ;)

was worried for a bit. theres no bug in the excellent xenforo :D

so, the problem was that I renamed my phrases. Maybe there could be a better way to display this error, point out to the user to rebuild their master data? Incase they make the same mistake

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can see how this could happen. It's tricky to deal with, unless we just change all phrases to be lower case. That's probably the best option, though I worry about the backwards compatibility issues that can create.

As such, this will have to be changed in a future version with fairly dramatic changes.

6. addaco

addaco Member

good to know :)

the problem I experienced was all about renaming an existing phrase, and forgot about it after some time. there may be more problems there than I realise, but it might be useful to have a message display by the title of a phrase explaining the problems that could occur if its changed.