Import from vB 3.8 on my localhost for testing...

aculate

So i've installed xenforo on my local development environent for testing. My first test will be to import from vB3.8 on my local environment. I don't have vb locally.. Can I extract a sql file from vb and use that to test my import on my local machine or do the test needs to be done from the server?

Thanks

Yes, you can take an sql dump of your current database. This is actually a very good method to test things out. You can perform the test locally using wamp or you can create a test site on your server, whichever works best for you. Personally though, I find the server method to be a more accurate test method since it will be using your current apache, sql, php versions and give you better results of how things will turn out.

Yes, you can take an sql dump of your current database. This is actually a very good method to test things out. You can perform the test locally using wamp or you can create a test site on your server, whichever works best for you. Personally though, I find the server method to be a more accurate test method since it will be using your current apache, sql, php versions and give you better results of how things will turn out.

took your advice... did everything on the server... took me 30 minutos or so... Except for a few glitches, everyhing went smooth!!!!

Top Bottom