1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import fails with no error

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Axmant Brahaj, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Axmant Brahaj

Axmant Brahaj Member

I am having a problem trying to import from VB.
    The XF importer hangs with no real information while transporting Threads and Posts:
    All it shows is:
    A server error occurred. Please try again later.

There is no error in the Server Log or elsewhere to look for. (We have something like 900 k posts and the upload hangs somewhere at 500k).

Any idea how to locate the problem.
  2. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I believe that is a known problem and is being looked at.
    Are you using beta2?
  3. Axmant Brahaj

Axmant Brahaj Member

Yes, using Beta2.
    So there are no logs for importing?
  4. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I did have an error log in my XF directory for a different error, but I don't think you will have any log for this problem.
    All I can suggest is to sit tight.
  5. Axmant Brahaj

Axmant Brahaj Member

Thx Steven,
    At least some one tried to help.
    I am trying to remove some posts (the sequent posts from the last one) and will see if that helps.

The real problem is that the error: "Server error occurred" provides no real information and there is nothing to debug or "correct".
    Wish there was some more information in the process. For sure it is not a problem with server, or memory restrictions. Blaming it on the charsets or similar problems that halt the mysq_queries
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

When people refer to the server error logs, in this case they're referring to that section in "tools" in the admin CP, rather than a Apache-level log.

There have been reports of things not going into that log, though I haven't been able to reproduce that personally. As an alternative, you can enable debug mode by adding this to config.php:

$config['debug'] = true;

You'll get a specific error then.
  7. Axmant Brahaj

Axmant Brahaj Member

Thx Mike, Trying it right now!
  8. Axmant Brahaj

Axmant Brahaj Member

Any idea how to locate the post that is creating the problem? Tried removing the sequent post with no luck .

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xF4\x80\x82\xBC V...' for column 'message' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1490
    5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1479
    6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1287
    7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 292
    8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 809
    9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1823
    10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
    12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 105
    13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/xf/admin.php at line 13
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you able to access the post and thread tables in the XF database?
    The last post/thread in those tables might give a clue as to why it is halting at that point.
  10. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

11. Axmant Brahaj

Axmant Brahaj Member