Design issue Image upload button in editor toolbar doesn’t toggle like other buttons

RobinHood

Affected version
On mobile, the insert image button doesn’t disappear when you tap it a second time when on mobile. Instead the page jumps and it stays visible. The seems inconsistent with all other drop down or pop out editor buttons

0D2290D5-ABA8-4512-A2CD-927E5A4A7094.webp

The insert image dropdown is closeable for me if I click it a second time, but insert link and text color aren't.

Screenshot_2017-11-03-07-43-59.webp

I can confirm this on IOS 11.1, the drop menu of insert image, link, and choosing font color doesn’t close when clicking on them second time.

I've spent some time debugging this. I originally assumed it would be Froala related, but it's actually caused by some extra code that we've added. Specifically, it relates to the stronger system of maintaining your selection that we have added.

At this point, any workaround would involve some disadvantages that I think are worse than this issue (meaning that in some scenarios, the buttons insert content in an incorrect location), given that you can click elsewhere to resolve the issue (or press escape, for example, on desktop), so I don't think any change will be made here.

Top Bottom