1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image Assets?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Shelby, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Shelby

Shelby Active Member

How will image attachments be handled? Are they going to be simple just attach image and that's it?

I know Vb has their asset manager which is a good sort of start. Being able to reuse assets, organize them, etc. Not so much important now, but in the future if there ever was going to be a gallery or content addon, I imagine it would become quickly important.
  2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Image attachments are handled as they are currently handled. We'll probably see an "asset manager" if/when the time comes.
  3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Something I have longed for in my current software is the ability to reuse posted images elsewhere.

sidenote.... Hey Shelby [​IMG]fancy seeing you here :D
  4. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I wanted to add my plug for some sort of asset manager. I think laying the ground work for it now will help when it comes time to add other products.

Most of the other forum companies have a hard time getting their apps to play nice because, I would guess they didn't give real thought to it before it was too late.

I absolutely love the way you guys are handling images, please give us a place to store them for future use.

5. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I'm wary of the term "Asset Manager" and what it might imply, but I do think we need an intuitive way to share and reuse images/files that we (or others) upload. This would also imply a way to organize them and find them.