illuminate (dark) 🌒

illuminate (dark) 🌒 [Paid] 2.2.15

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Ehren

Ehren submitted a new resource:

illuminate (dark) - A dark, modern theme with category-specific colour schemes and a compact header.

illuminate (dark) by xenfocus

illuminate (dark) is a minimal, modern theme for xenforo 2. A compact header neatly contains your logo, navigation, a fluid search bar and user icons - while your main content is placed on a simple, dark background for easy reading (especially in dark environments or at night time)! Categories can be styled with their own unique...

Read more about this resource...

Looks amazing! Great job!

It is easy to change the color scheme? Does it include some presets on various colors?

Looks amazing! Great job!

It is easy to change the color scheme? Does it include some presets on various colors?
Thanks very much! There’s a setting which controls the default (gold) colour.

In terms of customizing individual categories, there’s a tutorial in the xenfocus customer area (which you’ll gain access to after purchasing the theme) which teaches you how to easily assign the colours :)

Thanks!

The theme doesn't work well when you have a background image (the demo had solid background image, so didn't think about this then).. Any way I improve this somehow?

test.webp

Thanks!

The theme doesn't work well when you have a background image (the demo had solid background image, so didn't think about this then).. Any way I improve this somehow?

View attachment 183053
It seems the main issue here is the contrast of the category text and the background image, is that right?

If so, the best solution in cases like this is to pick an image which is better suited as a background for text (your current selection is difficult to work with due to the large variation in light and dark areas). If you don’t want to find a new image, reducing the opacity of your current image could be a good start. :)

I want to keep the current image, it is what I'm using on my theme now. "reducing the opacity of your current image could be a good start. "

How can I do that?

I want to keep the current image, it is what I'm using on my theme now. "reducing the opacity of your current image could be a good start. "

How can I do that?
Add the following to extra.less and it'll overlay the image with a semi-transparent colour. This will result in a faded version of your background image, while providing much better contrast for the text. :)

Less:
body{ background: rgba(31, 33, 38, 0.5); }

Last edited:
Add the following to extra.less and it'll overlay the image with a semi-transparent colour. This will result in a faded version of your background image, while providing much better contrast for the text. :)

Less:
body{ background: rgb(31, 33, 38, 0.5); }

Hmm. It didn't fade it, my image completely disappeared after adding that code.

Last edited:
Thanks. Didn't really help much, still looks awfully weird. I guess it just doesn't work well with a background image (that isn't more static).

For those interested in purchasing this theme, a $5.00 discount is being offered on both illuminate and illuminate (dark), valid until October 10, 2018.

Simply enter ILLUMINATE as a coupon during checkout to receive the discount! :)

Hi,
Looks great but just tried it on an iPhone 8 and it seems to be stuck. You just can't scroll down and are continuously stuck with 'Main category' in view.
iPad Air 2 it works perfectly on. Same as desktop etc.

Hi,
Looks great but just tried it on an iPhone 8 and it seems to be stuck. You just can't scroll down and are continuously stuck with 'Main category' in view.
iPad Air 2 it works perfectly on. Same as desktop etc.
Thanks for letting me know! That seems to be caused by my demo iframe rather than the theme.

I've just removed the iframe code and have added a direct link to my demo board instead, so this should now be fixed :)

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know! That seems to be caused by my demo iframe rather than the theme.

I've just removed the iframe code and have added a direct link to my demo board instead, so this should now be fixed :)
That's brilliant, thank you. Thought it may have been something simple. Love it!

Ehren updated illuminate (dark) with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, improvements, new settings and 2.0.12 compatibility.

• Updated for XenForo 2.0.12
  • Neatened spacing of icons in user panel
  • Corrected alignment of navigation when using the search link instead of search bar
  • Converted Discord social icon into svg
  • Improved clickable node rows
  • Removed incorrect margin on RSS icon in footer
  • Added setting to adjust visibility of both the search bar and search link
  • Added setting to remove text in user panel and only show icons (to prepare for 2.1 release)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ehren updated illuminate (dark) 🌒 with a new update entry:

Large improvements to the grid view and guest message. New settings and bug fixes.

Large updates (including new settings) for the grid view, style improvements to numerous areas throughout the theme and bug fixes.
  • By popular demand, node grids can now be isolated to specific nodes.
  • Removed the box styles from grid wrappers on certain themes for a cleaner look
  • Node stats (thread and message numbers) can be hidden from grid view via a setting to create a cleaner look
  • Improved alignment of Register button when a background is applied
  • Reduced clutter on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom