XF 1.1 Ignore Not Working in Certain Theme

taylor_smith

One of my users reported that his ignore list was not actually blocking posts. He looked at his ignore list and confirmed that he has several users listed, but somehow he was still seeing the full content of their posts.

I created a test account in the same usergroup and mine was working fine, until I switched to the theme he was using. In that particular theme, the full content of ignored posts shows without clicking the "show ignored content" link. See below:

ignore3.webp

What might I do to fix this? Thanks in advance!

One of my users reported that his ignore list was not actually blocking posts. He looked at his ignore list and confirmed that he has several users listed, but somehow he was still seeing the full content of their posts.

I created a test account in the same usergroup and mine was working fine, until I switched to the theme he was using. In that particular theme, the full content of ignored posts shows without clicking the "show ignored content" link. See below:

View attachment 27099

What might I do to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Do any of the templates show as out of date in that theme? You may need to revert a template or two to make it show.

Aye, I do. How might I go about doing this without ruining it?

I would start with message_view template,

I personally use Notepad ++, basically copy the original template into notepad++, then revert it in xenforo, and then paste the reverted template into a new file with notepad++.

It has a plugin you can use to view the differences, try to keep all of your edits to the style properties, or if it's css that isn't reflected through the style properties I would work on moving all the css edits to extra.css if you haven't already done so.

Awesome! The only out of date template was xenforo.css and reverting it fixed the problem with ignore.

Thanks to both of you!

Good stuff, yep avoid editing the css templates directly and stick to extra.css, if it's a duplicate property you may have to use the !important tag:

font-wieght: bold !important;

Nice conversion by the way :D

Top Bottom