1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug IE 8 forcing me to run in compatibility mode here - anybody else?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by anotheralias, Dec 1, 2010.

1. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

IE 8 switched me to Compatibility Mode here, which is kind of odd since this site wasn't designed for old browsers. It was right after the snow was added to the navbar. Is it just me (my settings maybe) or has this happened to anyone else? (Yeah yeah I know, don't use IE.... I'm just curious.)

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I just checked here, and IE8 seems fine in both IE8 and IE7 compatibility modes, neither is forced into operation.

(Which does of course raise the question of why on earth you're browsing with IE8??)

anotheralias likes this.
  3. anotheralias

Thanks Kier! It must be my settings then - I disabled some stuff awhile back because I was having trouble with tabs.

Why am I using IE 8 -- because every time I give Firefox another chance, I'm overwhelmed by the learning curve inside of five minutes. They just throw too many decisions at me.

4. Kier

If you want to avoid a learning curve, you'll love Chrome. Nobody in their right mind should be using IE8 any more. Seriously.

Dan and Blandt like this.
  5. anotheralias

Well obviously I'm not in my right mind, or I would have had the sense not to ask about an IE problem on a board full of coders the first place. :D

Dan and Trombones13 like this.
  6. Kier

Allow Doctor Kier to prescribe a new browser to restore your sanity :)

Trombones13 and Terrorz like this.
  7. anotheralias

I suspect that's going to take more than a new browser, but I'll give it a try. :)

8. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Order of browsers goes (in my Opinion, from greatest to least) FireFox/Chrome => Opera => Safari => Mobile Phone => Maxthon => Pen and Paper => Telegraph => Rock and Chisel => IE8/9/7 :p

AlexandrosD likes this.