Iconify integration [Deleted]

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

Iconify integration - Add-on for style designers and add-on developers. Adds icon picker component and template tags.

This add-on is for style developers and add-on coders.

Important: this add-on is not ready to be used in production yet. This is early release that might (and probably does) contain bugs. It was developed for XenForo 2.1, though it should work with XenForo 2.0 too.

It adds support for Iconify, offering over 30,000 icons to choose from. Icons can be used for node icons, navigation or anything else add-on or style author can think of (requires creating add-on that depends on this add-on)...

Read more about this resource...

So how would I add the icon style property to an add-on I want to release? I can't bundle both add-ons together.

So how would I add the icon style property to an add-on I want to release? I can't bundle both add-ons together.
Using it as bundle was my initial idea, but it appeared to be impossible.

You can either ask user to download and install this add-on or include it in zip file with your add-on.

In addon.json add this:
Code:
    "require": {
        "Iconify/Iconify": [1, "Iconify Support"]
    },

I have another idea, but didn't test it yet: download and install Iconify add-on in custom add-on's Setup.php

Function checkRequirements() can probably be used to try to fetch latest version of this add-on and install it. XenForo 2.1 has some functions for unpacking zip files. I haven't tested them, but it might be usable.

If process has write permissions, which I think all proper forums should have, it should be easy. But on shared hosting with ancient permissions where php and file owners are different it might be tricky.

It might take a while until usable method is found that is easy to integrate to other add-ons.

Yeah, I just don't see it as an option to make users download two add-ons. I hope you can figure out a better way.

Yeah, I just don't see it as an option to make users download two add-ons. I hope you can figure out a better way.

I think it's not good idea! (download two add-ons )
Why do you want to add icons?
Maybe, I'm wrong. ThemeHouse used style properties icons on themes! You can contact.

You can either ask user to download and install this add-on or include it in zip file with your add-on.
Have you thought about adding those components to a github repository and making use of Composer to allow addon authors to bundle the components?

I've not looked at how your new tags work, specifically, just thought I'd chime in with a potential solution :)

Fillip

Have you thought about adding those components to a github repository and making use of Composer to allow addon authors to bundle the components?
Problem with that is its not separate from XenForo. It extends XenForo classes, has template modifications. Its fully integrated into XenForo, not a separate package.

It would have been awesome if it was possible. But unfortunately I can't think of any way to do that.

Updated resource description to include basic description of xf:iconbox and xf:icon tags.

@Arty
Please correct after the uninstallation remains in the config.php in the directory /src/config.php the data received thanks.
Uninstall should remove that code if file is writable.

Problem though is uninstall process doesn't have ability to display messages, so if file is not writable there is no way to tell admin that code should be removed.

So the config.php is writable with me what is a Resiko but she has 777 but only locally here at my home on my right server she had 644 and there it was not after the deinstallitinon the forum is not more that's why I wrote that eventuel in the description or in the Faq record.

Adding description and FAQ record are good ideas. I'll do that.

Furthermore in next release I'll add check if file actually exists before including it, so even if that code remains in config.php it won't cause any issues after add-on has been removed.

Thanks for suggestions. :)

Good news. I've almost automated that stuff in Iconify Custom Icons add-on.

It downloads this add-on, unpacks it and asks user to click one more button. Unfortunately this is as close to automated installation as it can get. Due to complexity of add-on installation procedure its not possible to fully automate it.

This automated download works only with 2.1. In 2.0 it will ask user to download and install add-on.

See function checkRequirements() in that add-on's Setup.php and IconifySetup.php

Good news. I've almost automated that stuff in Iconify Custom Icons add-on.

It downloads this add-on, unpacks it and asks user to click one more button. Unfortunately this is as close to automated installation as it can get. Due to complexity of add-on installation procedure its not possible to fully automate it.

This automated download works only with 2.1. In 2.0 it will ask user to download and install add-on.

See function checkRequirements() in that add-on's Setup.php and IconifySetup.php

That's probably as best as you can do it. Thanks for working this out.

Top Bottom